Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irksome View Post
    Interesting you raise the question of the B8 ... but first about the seats and your 6 month window.

I looked at this a bit when I was test driving last week having already read the Seat press release, which dates from September last, and I think I can see how they are doing it. They are scalloping out the front seat back which is pretty thick, and I think reducing the depth of the seat cushion in the back, which actually is quite deep.

With regard to 6 months ... I've been convinced that the value is now, there is currently a 20% off deal, that ends at the end of March. Seat are clearly trying to reposition this model upmarket a bit (there is a new ad campaign to support this view) and what they appear to have done is increase the price as of last September, then knocked the 20% VAT off for 3 months to 'soften the blow' and obviously to get a fair amount of press and sales. I very much doubt that any dealer is going to be able to knock 20% off come April, and if you look at the ex-demo cars on the market the dealers are marketing them above the cost of the new car currently ... I assume they realise that they won't get these prices now, and most of these cars won't be available until April/May.

Added to that, I've seen a broker who will knock another 20% off the price ... a fully loaded 'old model' A4 Avant for a smidge over £20K is a steal in my opinion.

Doh - forgot to get onto the A4 Avant B8 ... I shall continue.

Hold on - 40% off the SEAT list price? Did I read that right (or rather 20% off then 20% off that so about 35.8pc off list.....) if that's possible then I might just change now.....a 2.0TDi 143 with Multi, BOSE, RNS-E etc would do me for another 5-6 years - and they are available on variable servicing - perfect

Care to share more details?

D.

0 0 0

2. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So i specc'ed up an A4 Avant ... and it just doesn't make sense for me. Even a year old A4 Avant with decent spec is going to be £25K ish, and a 2.0 TDI 170PS S Line with decent spec is a pretty rare car at the moment (I can't see one on the Audi website that is near 'fully loaded'), already had 1 owner (or 2 if its ex-demo) and 20 - 30K on it. A new one is nearer £35K! So even if I am pessimistic on the 3Yr / 32K depreciation and say that the Exeo will depreciate 60% vs the A4 50% then I'd have at least 8.5K left in the car vs 17.5K for the A4 ...

So I spend 15K more now, and get a spanking new car that isn't enormously improved over the one I can spend 15K less now on, and by a nice little Lotus Elise/Exige to play with; and the Exeo that is going to get wrecked anyway by my impending child!

0 0 0

3. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danclyon View Post
    Hold on - 40% off the SEAT list price? Did I read that right (or rather 20% off then 20% off that so about 35.8pc off list.....) if that's possible then I might just change now.....a 2.0TDi 143 with Multi, BOSE, RNS-E etc would do me for another 5-6 years - and they are available on variable servicing - perfect

Care to share more details?

D.
    Yes 20% off 20% ... so around £20K.

I went to PM you details but am not yet allowed to PM - no doubt I will add a couple of posts shortly and will PM you then.

0 0 0

4. Re: New Exeo 
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Yes 20% off 20% ... so around £20K.

I went to PM you details but am not yet allowed to PM - no doubt I will add a couple of posts shortly and will PM you then.
    Hahaha - I remember those days....that either says I'm helpful or have had lots of challenges with my A4 ;-)

Cheers,
    Dan.

0 0 0

5. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I did it ...

Ordered today a new Exeo ST Sport Tech with Xenon's, Convenience Pack, Metallic and Rear airbags for a touch over 20K ... am waiting on confirmation of my order and a delivery date.

danclyon - sent you an email yesterday - another one coming now with the details.

0 0 0

6. Re: New Exeo 
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Well I did it ...

Ordered today a new Exeo ST Sport Tech with Xenon's, Convenience Pack, Metallic and Rear airbags for a touch over 20K ... am waiting on confirmation of my order and a delivery date.

danclyon - sent you an email yesterday - another one coming now with the details.

Whooo new toys Congrats.

No e-mail though.... can try same before @ symbol at gmail.com too?

Cheers,
    Dan.

0 0 0

7. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting to read this 18 months on from last post. Going to pick up my 2009 09 plate Exeo Sport 143 TDi with 65k mileson Sunday for (now don't cry guys) a fraction over £7500, not only cheap new but fantastic value 2nd hand. Equivalent equipment on an A4 would mean an 06 or 56 car at best and more miles (nearer 100,000) for the same money.

Hope to enjoy for 2-3 years. Will be our 4th SEAT between the wife and I over the last 5 years.
    There are 3 kinds of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.

0 0 0

8. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ½cwt View Post
    Interesting to read this 18 months on from last post. Going to pick up my 2009 09 plate Exeo Sport 143 TDi with 65k mileson Sunday for (now don't cry guys) a fraction over £7500, not only cheap new but fantastic value 2nd hand. Equivalent equipment on an A4 would mean an 06 or 56 car at best and more miles (nearer 100,000) for the same money.

Hope to enjoy for 2-3 years. Will be our 4th SEAT between the wife and I over the last 5 years.
    Well we've done over 11K, mostly town commuting and long trips including two trips to France, and a lot of journeys up the M1 to see the in-laws (250 miles each way).

I love the car, my wife likes the car - yes the Sport is quite 'firm', and its a bit of a bugger on the platform bumps we have all around us here in central london. For us + a baby, we can fit all we want into the car, and I think only one trip to Ikea proved a challenge, as I had to unbox the furniture outside the twin towers, and physically stuff the goods in, put the baby in the front seat and told the wife to 'mold' herself around the furniture that intruded into her side!

Obviously the following tale took place in another country, one that also has an A1 road ... earlier this summer I had a most 'spirited' drive to the North, with a person unknown to be (I'd love to meet him!) in a Vauxhall Insignia estate. On this particular occasion, I had no wife, nor child as they were already at the destination, so other than me and a couple of bags I pootling along and 'making good progress' as I was instructed to by the chap who I did my ADT with.

Somehow, this Insignia and I, both of similar ages, got into a spirited keep up with each other session, with rates of progress that might worry the law enforcement had they known. I am very pleased to report that both cars rear LED lamps were flashing vigorously such was the amount of very hard braking taking place. I must add that this spirited driving was done with the upmost respect by both parties and that and no time did either party put any other vehicle or person at risk in anyway! If you had been driving from South London to North Yorkshire up the non-motorway route, you might have completed the journey in just under 3 hours, had you been doing the equivalent route, and with equivalent traffic conditions, just going ' a bit quick ' would have been between 4 and 5 hours I would have thought!

BTW - The cars were very very evenly matched.

Apparently a same spec Exeo would be circa 17K on Autotrader right now. £3K for a fab workhorse is a no brainer, the leather is looking good, we've had no major problems ( a couple of minor niggles at the beginning ) and I've not yet purchased a bluefin. The Xeons work brilliantly, the engine is fab as is the gearbox, the ride is very firm, but rather enjoyable I think and my 11.9 month old son thinks its brilliant (he just falls asleep) - my Mrs is ok with it - although she's taken out the driver side rear door already!

Lastly and sorry for such a long post - one of my senior employee's has just got a 2010 A4 2.0 tdi avant (170) auto - its got a bit more of a quality feel (but only a bit) to it, but is more noisy, has less rear legroom, and obviously isn't as pokey - and I think he wishes he'd got a facelifted exeo!

PS - the elise has turned into a Z4.

0 0 0

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456