Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danclyon View Post
    They aren't selling well at all that's the problem. Seems to be very little fleet interest (no auto-options) and they haven't picked up the multi-tronic or anything like that either.....according to my local Seat dealer, interest was very very disappointing.

16.17k is doable on the well-specced ones, lower on some of the less specced ones!!

Cheers,
    Dan.
    I'm in the market for a small fleet, the company I work for want six cars immediately, with the option of a further four next year, but if you read my post above I can't right now say anything good about them. Shame really as the Exeo seems a lovely car, excellent spec, and we'd come to some good prices, but I want service when I want it, not when they want to give it. Please forgive me for being negative, but where has customer service gone ?.

0 0 0

2. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    John,

Can I ask which Seat Dealer it was you've had problems with out of interest??

I'm very pleased so far with my Exeo. Every time I drive past an A4 I think to myself "I've just paid more then £10k less than what you have for the 'same' car"

Fuel is working out at about 39mpg but I've only done 200miles so far, so it will be interesting to see how it 'improves' over the next few thousand miles!

My local dealers are both fairly good with customer service from my experience. Willoughby's in Nottingham, and GK in Derby.

0 0 0

3. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyj2 View Post
    John,

Can I ask which Seat Dealer it was you've had problems with out of interest??

I'm very pleased so far with my Exeo. Every time I drive past an A4 I think to myself "I've just paid more then £10k less than what you have for the 'same' car"

Fuel is working out at about 39mpg but I've only done 200miles so far, so it will be interesting to see how it 'improves' over the next few thousand miles!

My local dealers are both fairly good with customer service from my experience. Willoughby's in Nottingham, and GK in Derby.
    I don't think it's fair or right to specify which dealer it was, and I know many are really good, I just can't believe their customer service, especially as a deal involving so many cars was involved. Perhaps it was because I deal with their regional group fleet manager, but the demo cars are from their local dealers (they have a few Seat dealers in the group), specific cars coming from different showrooms depending on the spec, SE, Sport etc. and a message got lost or mis laid somewhere between them perhaps.
    Hopefully I'll feel better about it in the morning, but I won't be contacting them, but they are free to contact me if they would like to, although we'll be talking a better discount first - we'll see how much they want the business.
    Meanwhile, when I see someone driving one going the other way, I know what a great spec car they are driving, just wish I'd had the chance to try one for a bit. Maybe I still will.

0 0 0

4. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    John,

No problems, perfectly understandable why you don't feel it's right to name them. I was just asking out of curiosity/interest to see if it's a dealer that I've heard about problems with in the past.

I guess that's the problem when you're dealing with the regional fleet manager, but having to organise the test-drive from a local dealer. What you'll probably find happened is that the 'demonstrator' is actually used by one of the Sales staff to go home in at night. I know that's what happens with the one at my local dealer. So they probably had to organise another way for them to get home!

Anyway, did you feel any better about the situation this morning? Hopefully you've overlooked this little hiccup and have given them a 2nd chance to remedy themselves!

My first big test in the Exeo comes this weekend when we head down to Devon for the weekend. Hoping to see mid-40's from the old MPG readout.

Andy

0 0 0

5. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You were right andyj2, it was the parts managers car. But they knew a week in advance so there's really no excuse for what happened. I've been out of the office for a few days but one of my company directors told them exactly what he thought.
    I might still have a look at it, I'll have a think about it today. Hopefully you'll find your car perfect for the Devon trip, but if you find yourself popping into a Seat dealer there, their ears may still be ringing from the blasting they got down the phone. Nice quiet roads this time of year too.

0 0 0

6. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi John,

I'm originally from Devon, so know both the roads and the Seat dealers fairly well.......

0 0 0

7. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    andyj2, I have to admit that the demo experience (or lack of it !) alone put me off, so yesterday I ordered another Passat B6. I currently have a Passat B6 which I've had from new, now has 145k on it.

Had the dealer been on the ball I may well have ordered a new Exeo, superb equipment level for the price, and in my opinion good looks too.

Maybe next time.

Hopefully you're now enjoying the Devon sunshine this afternoon.

0 0 0

8. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Devon was great this weekend thanks

Managed a respectable 49.1mpg on the round trip of ~540miles. More than happy with that. Only used to average about 45mpg in the Altea.

I can only see the MPG figure improving over time as the engine loosens up a little.

Have got a bit of a query with the dealer at the minute, with regards the long-life servicing. The on-board computer is saying that the service is due in 9000miles(360days), which is normal servicing.

Have spoken to the dealer, and they have found out that any cars made before build week 20 are on standard scheduled servicing, and anything after is long-life. The sales guy made a big thing of mine being long-life etc, and it was one of the deciding factors when discussion the purchase with my wife. The dealer is trying to find out what would need to be done to swap mine to long-life.

If it can't, I'll be discussing who pays for my 10k service....

0 0 0

9. Re: New Exeo 
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyj2 View Post
    Devon was great this weekend thanks

Managed a respectable 49.1mpg on the round trip of ~540miles. More than happy with that. Only used to average about 45mpg in the Altea.

I can only see the MPG figure improving over time as the engine loosens up a little.

Have got a bit of a query with the dealer at the minute, with regards the long-life servicing. The on-board computer is saying that the service is due in 9000miles(360days), which is normal servicing.

Have spoken to the dealer, and they have found out that any cars made before build week 20 are on standard scheduled servicing, and anything after is long-life. The sales guy made a big thing of mine being long-life etc, and it was one of the deciding factors when discussion the purchase with my wife. The dealer is trying to find out what would need to be done to swap mine to long-life.

If it can't, I'll be discussing who pays for my 10k service....
    That must be a recent change of policy then, as what I was told, and this is what made me walk away, was that there was NO long-life servicing on the Seat's AT ALL....it was every 10k/12 months period - nothing else possible...

Cheers,
    Dan.

0 0 0

10. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is why I'm going to be raising the question about who pays for my 10k and in fact 30k servicing, as I was sold the car on the understanding it was long-life i.e. 20k and 40k.

I'll keep you posted

0 0 0

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast