Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kodkod.84 View Post
    Are the lease company happy with you retrofitting all this stuff?

Does it really work out cheaper than speccing these on order and paying a slightly higher monthly lease payment?
    Yes, checked it out with the leasing company before comencing. Their only stipulation was that the work carried a main dealer warranty. Which is why I was suprised at the cost. For the cruise control the dealer is about the same as other third party companies. The parking sensors are a little bit more expensive than others, especially as they are not totally OEM.
    It certainly works out cheaper for me becuase I don't have to pay the tax on the items and my company is happy becuase I am happy.
    BMW 530d Sport 3.0 TDi 192PS
    Passat SE 2.0 TDi 140PS PD
    Passat CC GT 2.0 TDi 170PS CR
    Audi A4 Avant Black Edition 143

0 0 0

2. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah that's cool then- I think the only thing I dare retrofit on my old company leased A4 SE was an arm rest and s-line gear knob.

The gearknob was taken back out and sold on when I gave the car back so someone got a shiny leather steering wheel but a newish SE gearknob
    2007 MK5 Golf GT TDI 140ps Diamond Black
    2004 A4 Avant S-Line 1.8T 190ps Avus Silver w/black optics
    1997 MK3 Golf GTI 16v Anniversary Diamond Black- now gone!

0 0 0

3. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyj2 View Post
    I'm picking up my Exeo from the dealers on Friday!

Managed to get a really good deal on a saloon (the estate isn't worth the extra £3k that my dealer wanted!)

It's superb value for money when you look at what you're actually getting..... yes it has the 'S' badge instead of the 4-rings, but when you're on your 9th Seat like I am, the 'S' doesn't bother you!
    I'd be interested to know how you find this car. It's never been on my list before but I went to the dealer yesterday to see one and was impressed. Inside it feels much smaller than my Passat B6 Sport saloon, especially as I'm 6' 4", and with the front seat back you wouldn't fit in the back seat behind me, but 95% of the time I'm the only one in the car. I found the centre arm rest gets in the way of the handbrake, whether it's in the up or down position, which is my only gripe so far.
    I'm thinking of Sport spec saloon 143bhp 2.0 TDI, in 2010 spec as the emissions come down to 139.
    What do you find good/bad/annoying with it. Anyone got the optional sat nav, and is it worth the money.
    Any info from anyone would be appreciated.

2 0 0

4. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So far, so good

Mine was a pre-registered one that the dealer was trying to shift on, so I got it for £5.5k less than list price and they gave me a really god part-ex value on my Altea, which I would have struggled to beat selling it privately!

I can see what you mean about the rear leg room being a bit tight... I'm only 5'10" and a normal adult would just have enough room back there. So at 6'4" I can see it being very tight!

Don't have a problem with the arm rest personnally, as I don't have the seat back far enough. 30" inside leg, means I have it forward... lol

The downside I've found so far is the 70L fuel tank.... it costs over £70 to fill her up The good thing is, I'm hoping to see 700miles out of a tank!

Mine's the 2.0 TDi Sport (143), so come with the following as standard:

18" Alloys
    Sports Suspension (not too crashy/harsh)
    Sport Seats, very supportive. Much better than the leather comfort seats, which are un-suppotive.
    Auto-wipers
    Auto-lights
    Auto-dimming mirror
    Privacy Glass
    Chrome Side Window surround/trim
    Bluetooth phone kit in-built
    USB/MP3 Sterero
    Dual-zone Climate Control
    Double glazed side windows
    Heat reflective windscreen

Mine's also got a coolbox in the glove-box

Managed to get the Thule roofbars thrown in for an extra £60 to, they're £160 RRP

Will keep this thread updated with thoughts/comments as I get used to it and drive it more!

1 0 0

5. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyj2 View Post
    So far, so good

Mine was a pre-registered one that the dealer was trying to shift on, so I got it for £5.5k less than list price and they gave me a really god part-ex value on my Altea, which I would have struggled to beat selling it privately!

I can see what you mean about the rear leg room being a bit tight... I'm only 5'10" and a normal adult would just have enough room back there. So at 6'4" I can see it being very tight!

Don't have a problem with the arm rest personnally, as I don't have the seat back far enough. 30" inside leg, means I have it forward... lol

The downside I've found so far is the 70L fuel tank.... it costs over £70 to fill her up The good thing is, I'm hoping to see 700miles out of a tank!

Mine's the 2.0 TDi Sport (143), so come with the following as standard:

18" Alloys
    Sports Suspension (not too crashy/harsh)
    Sport Seats, very supportive. Much better than the leather comfort seats, which are un-suppotive.
    Auto-wipers
    Auto-lights
    Auto-dimming mirror
    Privacy Glass
    Chrome Side Window surround/trim
    Bluetooth phone kit in-built
    USB/MP3 Sterero
    Dual-zone Climate Control
    Double glazed side windows
    Heat reflective windscreen

Mine's also got a coolbox in the glove-box

Managed to get the Thule roofbars thrown in for an extra £60 to, they're £160 RRP

Will keep this thread updated with thoughts/comments as I get used to it and drive it more!
    Thanks for the quick reply andyj2.

I'm also interested in the Sport model for the seats, and having currently got he Passat Sport don't think the sports suspension would be a problem. Personally I like the 70L fuel tank as it means longer between fill ups, and it costs what it costs, just means fewer stops. I must admit that mine will be a company car so the cost of filling up isn't a concern for me, and again my current Passat has a 70L tank.

Keep the updates/info/thoughts coming, I have to make my final decision by the end of this week.

0 0 0

6. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi John,

The comment about the 70L tank was meant in jest! I agree that it's a case of getting more out of a tank, and less fill-ups! I've been used to a 50L tank up until now!

I'm going to test out the USB/MP3 function tomorrow hopefully, so I'll let you know if the track listing etc works properly.

Been looking at 'improvements' already, such as the Audi RS4 (B7) Rear anti-roll bar, which is a direct fit/swap, and only costs £80 from Audi. The brakes on the 143 are only 288mm, so a little on the small side for such a large car. I think something like 312mm or even S4/RS4 brakes would be much more suitable!

However, with it being a brand-new car, I'm really trying to resist the urge to modify it, until at least 12months, just in case there are any warranty type issues that need sorting out!

0 0 0

7. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The dealer is lending me a Exeo Sport 143 TDI on Monday pm which I don't have to give back until Thursday am, so I should be able to put a few hundred miles on the clock and see how/if it suits me.

0 0 0

8. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sounds like you managed to get a good deal there with the 'extended' test-drive

I've had mine a week now, and very pleased. So much smoother to drive than my old Altea, mainly due to the 2.0 CR engine being alot quieter and smoother than the old 2.0 PD.

Very comfortable to drive on the commute to work, and effortless to drive on the motorway etc.

MPG isn't great, but then that's to be expected with a brand new diesel engine, which should hopefully loosen up over the next 5-10k.

Be interesting to know your thoughts on the car

0 0 0

9. Re: New Exeo 
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shark_90 View Post
    Sounds good.. make sure you get some pictures up!

How much are they going for? If they're 16-17k with toys I suspect they will sell pretty well.
    They aren't selling well at all that's the problem. Seems to be very little fleet interest (no auto-options) and they haven't picked up the multi-tronic or anything like that either.....according to my local Seat dealer, interest was very very disappointing.

16.17k is doable on the well-specced ones, lower on some of the less specced ones!!

Cheers,
    Dan.

0 0 0

10. Re: New Exeo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Last week in my previous post I arranged to have a Exeo demo delivered to my office this afternoon (Monday) that I would be able to have to test drive until Thursday. Got a phone call from the dealer this morning to confirm if I still wanted it, to which I said yes. Then got another phone call mid afternoon asking again if I still wanted it, and when I confirmed this it went quiet on the other end of the phone, and after a while they said they'd call me back. It got to 5:00pm, no car arrived, and no phone call, so I went on my way home. At 5:40pm my colleague who was working late phoned to say someone had just turned up with the Exeo. Unfortunately as I was well up the motorway by now I sent them on their way back to their showroom with their Exeo. Not impressed with customer service, and unfortunately for them it's put me off having a Seat, as dealer service is important to me.
    It's no wonder not so many cars are being sold these days if this is typical of the service you get, which seems to be the norm to me lately.
    I was really looking forward to trying the Exeo, but perhaps I'll stick with VW.
    Sorry if this sounds rather negative, but that's how I feel right now, as my entire week had been planned around the test drive.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast