2. Re: crafter cruise control retro-fit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I read yesterday that vag-com won't 'talk' to the Crafter. I think it must be because the Crafter uses Mercedes dianostics. Maybe if you can find the info you need you could find someone with a generic diagnosic tool like Snapon to enable it? Or perhaps ask on the Merc forums, there must be some I'd guess.

On VW's it's easy

0 0 0

3. Re: crafter cruise control retro-fit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Blade883, ask on sprinter-forum.com someone on there may have the answer or point you in the right direction hope this helps,
    rayl

0 0 0

4. Re: crafter cruise control retro-fit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Blade883 ...

How did your retrofit go?

I'm planning on doing this on my crafter 2012 model ... I found VW do a retrofit kit which is cheaper than the ebay offerings ...

For any others that come across this thread P/N @ dealers for kit is 2E0 998 527 approx. £120 ish at time of this post ...

This kit seems to be for all Crafters from 2006 til present time ...

Ross Tech currently say VCDS does not support the retro fit of CCS ... Link:- Retrofitting - Ross-Tech Wiki
    Will drop them an email to confirm ...

Any help/insight appreciated ...

Regards
    G

0 0 0

5. Re: crafter cruise control retro-fit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    As the Sprinter and Crafter near identical a bit of googling found this PDF Link:- http://www.sprinterparts.net/pdf/cruisecontrol.pdf

The opening paragraph covers the retrofit very well but from what I understand the accelerator pedal module will need changing as well as this is part of the VAG retrofit kit ...

This retrofit consists of installing a cruise control switch kit in the steering column and changing the version coding (SCN) of the Anti- Lock Brake system (ABS) to enable the cruise control feature.
    Near the end the coding via Sprinter diags tools ...

30. Add Cruise control sales code to vehicle. Login to DealerCONNECT. Select Service. Select Vehicle Options. Enter the VIN Number. Select NHM Speed Control. Select Add. Select Save.
    31. Perform variant coding of ESP. Connect StarScan or StarMobile, Ignition on, Select ABS. Select Misc Functions. Select Activate/Deactivate Cruise Control. Select Start.
    32. Verify operation of Cruise control and check for fault codes.
    Now step 30 could be like the equivalent of VAG servers to save the addition of CCS for future service procedures/logging/update vehicle data file ...
    Now step 31, I've seen a video of how StarSCAN work it is a menu driven purely automated process by the diag tool to enable CCS ...

Looking through my VCDS autoscan logs my 2008 Crafter the ESP (ABS I think ) was showing ... but look like no coding info ...
    On a 2012 Crafter with CCS factory fitted it wouldn't even show ESP in the logs ...

I'm currently awaiting my local VW Van centre to let me know if they can code in CCS ... they didn't even know about the retrofit kit so I'm not holding my breath about them coding it for me ...

I've seen info posted that via a DISS report dealer can get coding info from VAG to do the CCS ...

I'm also going to see if there is possibility of StarSCAN working on the Crafter or something like AVDI Abrites, I may have go pick the brains of a tame workshop ...

0 0 0

6. Re: crafter cruise control retro-fit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did you get any further with this?

0 0 0

7. Re: crafter cruise control retro-fit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    At present local dealer is investigating what to do via their VAS machine ...

I did get the chance to scan a loan crafter with cruise control with VCDS but IIRC correctly it was not able to capture what I need to do to enable CC on my van ...

I will be getting it done soon and will update ...

0 0 0

8. Re: crafter cruise control retro-fit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I tried to PM you some info but I cannot without 10 posts, where you based?

0 0 0

9. Re: crafter cruise control retro-fit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I have sent you my external email ...

0 0 0

10. Re: crafter cruise control retro-fit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Dealer has bounced me away saying CCS retrokit is not valid accessory for my MY12 van, thus VW will not supply coding/SVM but they can flog me another van from stock without the option and customise for me ...

Marty92 I sent you my email but not received anything from you?

I'm currently sending Ross Tech my logs/module maps hoping they can help ...

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast