Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090421....nnounced-in-uk

£21,850 for the three-door, six-speed manual model.
    £22,435 for the five-door, six-speed manual model.

£1,305 six-speed DSG automatic transmission.

Personally, I think it's better going for the petrol GTI as you get more kit.

£22,409 for the three-door, six-speed manual model.
    £22,995 for the five-door, six-speed manual model.

DSG is an extra £1,305 on top.

0 0 0

2. Re: VW Golf GTD Pricing Announced in UK 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I still think this should still be in the GT range rather than the GTi range. The only reason I can see is that VW will make more money from the GTi range than the GT range as they can charge more for the premium model.

0 0 0

3. Re: VW Golf GTD Pricing Announced in UK 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    £23,000 for a small hatchback, absolutely ridiculous!

0 0 0

4. Re: VW Golf GTD Pricing Announced in UK 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    VW really must think they're a cut above BMW, Mercedes and Audi to be charging this much. 170ps from a diesel isn't remarkable these days - you can almost buy a BMW 320D SE (176PS) for that money.

It's more than the equivalent 1 series (yes, they are junk, but they're expensive, ugly junk) which admittedly will have fewer sporty accents.

GTI bumpers, GTI Pedals, GTI steering wheel, tartan trim, 2-zone climate and inferior alloys to the GTI don't justify it being right up there with the GTI on price.

Not worth a penny over 20 grand.

I have a 170 GT Sport at the mo, and although very nice, the GTI is quite a cut above it. If there's only a few hundred quid in it who'd get a GTD?

It's a pity that the GTI is so much thirstier, but £400 extra on the fuel bill for a GTI over a GTD is small change compared to the depreciation a new owner will face over 2 - 3 years.

0 0 0

5. Re: VW Golf GTD Pricing Announced in UK 
    Great Dunmow (near Stansted Airport), Essex
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Ludicrous.
    £4k more than the equivalent Seat Leon FR???
    And more expensive than the more desirable Scirocco?
    I think VW need to do some serious thinking.

1990 Black MKII Golf 1.8 GL. Otherwise known as 'Gumpert' Rampant "Rabbit"

2011 Rosso Brunello Skoda Superb Estate Elegance 1.6 CR Greenline. Otherwise known as 'Sue'
    1988 Tornado Red MKII Golf 1.8 16valve GTI. Otherwise known as 'Hollie' - Project

0 0 0

6. Re: VW Golf GTD Pricing Announced in UK 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its within spitting distance of the BMW 120D, which is both more powerful and more economical without pretending to be some sort of performance model. Its also more expensive than the Scirocco with the same engine and more equipment. Utter madness, VW are going to make very few sales with the GTD.

0 0 0

7. Re: VW Golf GTD Pricing Announced in UK 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks nice though!
    VW Golf GT TDI 140 - Stand by the mods are coming! So far - MK6 bodykit, R32 new style 18" alloys powdercoated in gloss black
    HOW HARD IS IT TO FIND AFTERMARKET PARTS FOR THE MK6 EH!!!

0 0 0

8. Re: VW Golf GTD Pricing Announced in UK 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lets be honest VW have been ripping us off for years.

The MK3 golf overpriced with poor underpowered powerplants.

The Mk4 golf great looking and upped the anti with the interior but unreliable.(So much for "if only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen"!)

The mk 5 golf poor quality interior plastics.

The mk 6.........still basically a mk5 with as many bits removed as VW can get away with, a tweaked front and rear end. (Does look better)

No wonder the UK is called treasure island. Germany taking full advantage of ripping us off!

0 0 0

9. Re: VW Golf GTD Pricing Announced in UK 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After viewing the price list of the Golf MK6 in the UK and comparing it with other cars in the UK and the german Golf price list, it would look we are getting pretty good value for money. The only exception to this is the GTD and GTI for reasons mentioned in my last post.

0 0 0

10. Re: VW Golf GTD Pricing Announced in UK 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    VW have always been expensive, but it's only been in the last 5 years that they've started to give a decent level of equipment as standard.

For me, the VW is a poor value for money nearly new car. The dealers hold their used value so high, I really don't think it's worth buying a 2 year old one, which is why I always buy new.

Just traded in my 57 plate 3DR Golf GT Sport TDI 170 for a Scirocco, and they've got my part ex up for £14995! It was £19500 list price new, and I paid £18000 for it after haggling. I dont think there's that many cars that are worth 77% of list price when they're almost 2 years old. There is enough warrany left on the Golf for the dealership to not have to buy one for the latest owner, all they have to buy it is a tax disc.

If I was in the market for a nearly new car, i'd buy the focus for around 50% of new price and drink the change!

For that very reason, I always buy new with VW, for very little extra over a nearly-new, you can have a brand new car.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast