1. Remap and DSG 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My last few cars have been remapped including my mk4 1.8 turbo so it is inevitable that this one will get a remap at some point! I never had any problems with the mk4 and would quite like the same place to map the Passat.

Has anyone remapped a 2.0 TDI PD 140 with DSG? Or any other engine with DSG gearbox?

I'm concerned that it'll put extra strain on the gearbox, and I'm pretty sure they are very expensive to fix. Figures could be 180 - 185 bhp and 310 - 320 lb.ft.
    Matt

http://www.mk4GTIturbo.co.uk
    2007 Passat TDI Sport DSG : 2000 Polo : 2001 Caterham Superlight
    Gone but not forgotten : ex 2006 Octavia vRS : ex 2001 GTI Turbo : ex 1987 GTI 16v

0 0 0

2. Re: Remap and DSG 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had my Golf V 170GT TDI SPORT remapped and the power delivery was smooth. Had no problems until i returned the car. I had ST3 from Chip and Spin.
    I give it full marks for DSG remap

0 0 0

3. Re: Remap and DSG 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-TFSI View Post
    PS whats ST3 ?
    Its a self-tuning setup by Chip n Spin - http://www.chip-n-spin.co.uk/st3.html Basically you can plug the module in whenever you want and swap between programmes.

0 0 0

4. Re: Remap and DSG 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We re-map so many car's with DSG from Auti TT's 3.2 with trubo kits on to new car's at the main dealers. The DSG box is fine very strong.... As for the shif pattens this will not change.. They can be but they need the DSG ECU re-mapped too. The same as if you wanted to up the rev limet too.. This can only be done on the DSG ECU..

Hope that helps

Thanks Mike
    info@ motechperformance.co.uk

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. A3 140 TDI Remap - Manual or DSG
    By Ed299 in forum Audi A3 - 8P - 2004 - 2012
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 10:23 PM
  2. considering remap Passat 2.0 TD 140 DSG SE
    By The Fingers in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 2