1. Rear Window not working? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, have a strange problem with the passenger side rear window on my 2004 A6 saloon. It will not open using the switch on the drivers panel or the one on the door itself. When I open/close all the windows by holding down the unlock/lock buttons on the key fob the window opens and closes no problem

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated

0 0 0

2. Re: Rear Window not working? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    First thing to do is to inspect the connector at the pillar behind the hinge bellows. Regards Peter

1 3 0

3. Re: Rear Window not working? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK thanks will check the connector, would that stop the switch on the door working too?

0 0 0

4. Re: Rear Window not working? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have checked all the connectors and they all look fine. The strange thing is when I push the switch to close the window I can hear the relay inside the door clicking, but I cannot open the window from either switch. The only way it opens is using the key fob

I'm stumped!

0 0 0

5. Re: Rear Window not working? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi All,
    today my 10 year old grandson was a passenger in my A6-C5, and he is at that inquisitive stage when he is incapable of staying still for any length of time, so if there are any levers or buttons near him, he cannot resist pushing and pulling them . Anyway, when the car was returned to me, ( I was not the driver,,,,unfortunately) the Driver side Rear door window was lifting up and down, but only half way. From this position, when the button was pressed to open it, it goes down OK, but when pressed again to close, it only comes up half way, then promptly drops down again to the fully open position.. if the button is pressed and held to close, it see-saws between fully open and half closed position.
    Any ideas anyone:
    Thanks Jim.

0 0 0

6. Re: Rear Window not working? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    JMR1: Take the door card off, check if the wire in the regulator is OK, then check if anything else looks amiss. If all looks OK, spray lots of WD40 on the window rails (where the glass actually slides up and down) and also on the regulator rail. If this does not work then perhaps the motor is on it's way out. Also, do as Peter above suggests - check the condition of the wires inside the boot that connects the door wiring to the car. The wires in here will eventually degrade and snap - this is what I saw on my 2001 allroad and i had to replace the wiring loom for both rear doors.

1 1 0

7. Re: Rear Window not working? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    take the door cover off, operate the window up and down.

look to see moving parts

put WHITE GREASE in the window channel , it will not dry out compared to normal grease and lubricates the wheels and moving parts; should make the parts move a lot easier & take the LOAD off the motor................... will extend the life of the motor and solenoid

If the window is going up and the window detects an obstacle like small hands, its supposed to stop and go down.

If the window is stiff to go up and drawing more power than usual to work, the car will think a small hand is in the way and the window will go back down

So lubricate and then check it

The wiring from the car to the door goes through a rubber cover, usually it is in the middle of this that the wires go hard due to age and break. You cut the bottom of the rubber to allow any water to fall out in the future and inspect the wires, feeling for any lumps, broken cover & green gunge where arcing occur/ damp

You don't need to buy a new bit of wiring loom if you can manage to put on new connectors
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

1 1 0

8. Re: Rear Window not working? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Dear Skyegtb,Peter and Niall. I have carried out all the checks and inspections as you have recommended, with liberal doses of WD40 ( as I had some to hand there and then) followed by the white grease treatment, on ALL 4 windows. Now all is 100% working order again.
    Thanks for all your help, much appreciated !!! Jim.

0 0 0

9. Re: Rear Window not working? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Good to hear!

1 1 0

10. Re: Rear Window not working?