1. B7 Avant dedicated towbar wiring 29010506RC 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Has anybody fitted the Right Connections dedicated 13 pin towbar wiring (part no 29010506RC) http://www.pfjones.co.uk/audi-a4-kit...004-2008-.html to their B7 Avant. If so, what was it like, does it have to be fed to the front fuse panel, and does that involve taking out the front trim, carpers, etc. How long did it take

Thanks in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: B7 Avant dedicated towbar wiring 29010506RC 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I fitted this the other day. The main time was taken with fitting the towbar (detachable) since the bumper needs to come off which means taking out the various bits of trim from inside boot. I went for the Westfalia unit and you do need to cut the bumper and the aluminium crash bar even though the web-site where I got this said I didn't.

I feed the cables along the route used for the Bose etc from the boot into the rear and then along/under the door trims. The cables terminate in the under dash area and the fuse box.

The only problem I had was finding the CAN Bus wires which are in the data connector.

I don't have VAG-Com so have haven't programmed it up but there are instructions in the kit to do this.

Just take your time on the job and it will be fine but do say if you I can help further.

0 0 0

3. Re: B7 Avant dedicated towbar wiring 29010506RC 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info. The cheapest fitted price for a Westfalia detachable swan neck, including twin dedicated 13pin electrics is £650. I can get the parts for £390, plus £40 for the VAG-COM, so that's a £220 saving if I do it myself.

How long approximately did the bar and the electrics take to fit?

The only problem now, is that no one seems to have the towbar in stock, for at least 2 weeks.

0 0 0

4. Re: B7 Avant dedicated towbar wiring 29010506RC 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just to warn you that the detachable part of the Westfalia doesn't fit in the holder in the spare wheel tray which is a pity.

Otherwise, it seems a good system.

0 0 0

5. Re: B7 Avant dedicated towbar wiring 29010506RC 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The 29010506RC looks straight forward enough, however the supplementary harness kit 22400512RC (powers fridge and charges caravan battery), also looks ok, except you have to run it from the positive terminal of the battery, under the bonnet, through the bulk head, through the inside of the car, to the back.

Does anyone know what's involved in going through the bulk head, are there any pre-made easy entry points.

cheers

0 0 0

6. Re: B7 Avant dedicated towbar wiring 29010506RC 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just purchased a swivelling towbar off ebay, which came with a significant amount of wiring. Can anyone help me with the way this connects pleaseB0A0A9ED-FE1E-4486-8139-E04B24E0EBE9.jpgC246B5D1-667C-47DB-BBAE-FB72D0DE37F5.jpgD2390776-5436-4201-926D-3225B6F9DA44.jpg

0 0 0