Hi all,

I recently purchased an Audi A4 Cabriolet 2.0tdi 07 reg from an audi dealer, and after 2 days of owning the vehicle I had a DPF warning light appear. I checked the handbook and read that I needed to re-generate the vehicle by driving it at 2k/3k RPM for 10-15mins. Having did this I managed to regenerate the vehicle. This problem then happened another 6 times within 4 weeks, however 5 out of the 6 times I couldnt re-generate and the vehicle then went into "limp mode", lost all of the power and three warning lights then appeared. Each time, I had to call out Audi roadside assistance to re-generate the car! My vehicle then ended back up at Derby Audi 3 times, and each time they said they could not rectify the fault. I was told that they could nt refund me the money and the car I had must have been a 'bad egg'. The option they gave me was to find an alternative car from their group, however due to the spec of the current vehicle, it took them four weeks and they came back with nothing. I then found a Final Edition 09 reg model of the A4 on the website and had to pay another £3k for the vehicle as they couldnt offer another alternative. However now I seem to be having the same problem time and time again, and when I am on the way to work and this light is appearing, i dont have the time or the patience to re-generate the car. The garage (Derby Audi) have been so rude, unhelpful and cant seem to tell the truth about anything!! If I would have known about this feature of the vehicle, I would have ot purchased it in the 1st place. This is happening twice a week on average.

Can somebody please please please give me a suggestion????

Many thanks.

Sam