Notices

User Tag List

Thread: A cautionary tail (buying a year old car)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: A cautionary tail (buying a year old car) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A friend of my mum has just been "burned" by Arnie. Bought a 9 month old "one careful owner" Polo and has just received the V5 which notes the previous keeper as our old friend "ERAC". 2 days later the emissions warning light made an appearance.
    The lady called the Motorstore from where she purchased and was told to phone her nearest VW dealer (because the car is still under manufacturer warranty). which she duly did and booked it in.

Turns out the car has a cracked cylinder head and has sump damage so its with VW just now who want to inspect the car before agreeing to pay the warranty claim. The Arnie Motorstore General Manager whom she then phoned to complain replied that it wasnt his concern - it damn well will be if VW decline the warranty claim............ watch this space.

Another Arnold Clark experience worth noting - beware the yellow sticker!!

0 0 0

2. Re: A cautionary tail (buying a year old car) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Youd better check that the reciept isn't marked bought as seen - they tried to do that with me and I walked out the garage - I should have stayed away but they called back and said misunderstanding new sales man all the crap they could to get me back. Wish I never had. Good cars Fiats if looked after - this one had not and when it was back at arnie's they put petrol in instead of diesel. During the remedial works they messed the injection pump and had to have a specalist in to reset it and when I got the car back the induction pipework was broken and left laying ontop of the engine.

The suspension system also groaned and creaked as well as a few other things too - Was too quick to buy.

Im sure people are starting to relaise that those being nice dont get on and the statospheric rise that he has had just goes to show that he must not give a stuff about the individual. Only interested in pounds !

As the song goes "walk on by...."

2014 Andi 3.0 V6 TDi S-Line Quattro
    Full LeatherIHeated SeatsIElectric SeatsISunroofIMatt Brushed Aluminium InlaysIBi-Xenon HeadlightsIRear Park AssistIBluetooth

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

1. How I rebuilt my A2
    By Sarge786 in forum A2
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 13-06-2009, 01:29 PM
  2. Please Help Central locking works fine but remote doesn't
    By john_richter in forum Audi A4 - B5 Forum - 1995 - 2002
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 02:46 PM
  3. "How To" The FAQ & How To Thread