Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

Last week I Purchased a Second Audi A3 2004 2.0 TDI.

The first issue I have is the Air Bag Light is always on, I was told its easily fixed and take it to someone to diagnose. Is this a major problem? Is it ok still to drive with this light on.

Im also confused when I press the rev counters test button. How I understand it from the manual the centre display should display OK. I dont ever get a light saying ok I get lots of different lights come up all for about 5 seconds. I thought at first that it was just testing the sensors so there all meant to come up but now im not sure. Below are the first 4 lights which come on after pressing the button on the left.

Im sure these are just to test the lights but what got me thinking is my coolant light came on when driving yesterday. I have topped up the coolant and the light hasnt come on since while driving.

Sorry if this is a real stupid question but I am worried about it and dont want to pay an Audi garage £120.00 just to say its normal.

Thanks in advanced

0 0 0

2. Re: New Audi Owner Confused on Dashboard Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Pressing the button makes the car do a system check.
    If you don't press the button, when you turn the ignition on the car will does these checks then give you the OK message or show a warning.
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 0 0

3. Re: New Audi Owner Confused on Dashboard Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the quick reply.

When I start the car I dont get any warnings or an OK light. I guess there isnt a problem then?

0 0 0

4. Re: New Audi Owner Confused on Dashboard Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    I have an A4 and i get an OK, not sure if an A3 should !
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 0 0

5. Re: New Audi Owner Confused on Dashboard Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as mentioned by the previous poster its a systems check. You'll know if you have any of those faults because; without pressing that button you get a 'beep' and the relevant error. For example; washer reservoir low. Refuel, left side light (if a fault with a particular bulb) I think to get the systems test thing, you pull the right button? As mentioned its normal, and they all appear, hopefully with an end message 'OK'. To be honest, if you didn't press the button. When you insert the key fob and turn it one click it goes 'beep' then one of the messages appear you have a fault.

If none of these appear in normal operation then there is no faults. Same with any of the clusters where the rev counter or speedo is located. When the car is moving the only light that should be present is the (P) in red, until the hand break is released. I think there is one more, but can't quite remember. The start of the owners manual should help.

In a start-up procedure. When you turn the key fob one click, nothing should display on the DIS (driver information screen -basically the pictures you uploaded) ONLY in the instrument cluster. For example a pic of a battery, (P), emission image and a few more i can't think off. Airbag and steering wheel also, if i remember.
    Then when you turn the fob again the engine starts and all the clusters light out. As you mentioned the airbag light/cluster stays on. Therefore there is a fault with the airbag.

As for the airbag light you should get this rectified immediately at an audi dealer only. I have driven a new a4 around with this light on (whilst my car was being serviced. They said don't worry bout it) However surely it's concerning since it's indicating a fault...should the car crash i would like the airbags to work...
    COMING SOON: '14 A5 Cabriolet S-line Special edition, Daytona Grey
    CURRENT: 11' A5 S-Line Black Edition Ibis White
    previous: 09' A3 S-line Ibis White

0 0 0

6. Re: New Audi Owner Confused on Dashboard Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have an s3. When i start the car i get an 'Ok' on the dis. If you read the hand book this is what should happen. I would get it checked by Audi if i were you.

0 0 0