Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had any recently?

Whilst selling a car this week I was asked how it's 2 litre engine compared on fuel consumption to other 2 litre engined cars - How in all of the world would I know, I haven't driven most of them and I'm not really one for driving in double figure MPG anyway
    You may think I'm being helpful yet sarcastic, this is only because I feel I need to help you to help yourself in the future

1 0 0

2. Re: Stupid Questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    whilst working as a vw assistance technician, i was on a call out to top up someones oil, and they asked me what the snowflake symbol was in the glovebox on their passat. rather than explain, i started the car, switched the aircon on and showed them. oh, thats good he said, but why? and this chap had Dr at the front of his name.

0 0 0

3. Re: Stupid Questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I work for the family joinery business so obviously we work with wood. I had one chap ring up asking if we made things with real wood?? When I explained yes we did but we also used MDF boards etc, he then asked if we made UPVC windows erm no I said we a joinery company he put the phone down!!

0 0 0

4. Re: Stupid Questions 
    Great Dunmow (near Stansted Airport), Essex
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    When I was at school a number of years ago (I was 17 at the time), a classmate asked my science teacher if he "had any liquid gas".

1990 Black MKII Golf 1.8 GL. Otherwise known as 'Gumpert' Rampant "Rabbit"

2011 Rosso Brunello Skoda Superb Estate Elegance 1.6 CR Greenline. Otherwise known as 'Sue'
    1988 Tornado Red MKII Golf 1.8 16valve GTI. Otherwise known as 'Hollie' - Project

0 0 0

5. Re: Stupid Questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A friend of ours recently asked a gay couple who are also friends of ours if homosexuality was hereditary.

She's a radiographer at the local hospital.

Won't be going there anytime soon!
    2010 Astra SRi 1.6T
    2004 Golf GT TDI 2.0 - Sadly Departed

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

0 0 0

6. Re: Stupid Questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    May favorite is 'What is it like being a twin?"

my answer, "what is it like not being one?"

VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0T 2015 - Awesome snow churning 4x4 GTI 😉

0 0 0

7. Re: Stupid Questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    this one time, in vw assistance, i got called out to a very worried owner with a new 04 beetle. he was concerned about a blue flashing light on his dash board, and asked me what it meant. pillock. i actually sat down with him and got him to find it in the manual.

0 0 0

8. Re: Stupid Questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Last night, when wifey's sister explained that their mum and dad had stupidly fitted a black bar across the back door so that burglars couldn't get in.

Then wifey asks, "on the outside of the door or the inside?"

She is blonde.
    2016 VW Transporter T6 2.0 TDI Highline SWB
    2011 Jaguar XFR 100 5.0 V8 Supercharged

0 0 0

9. Re: Stupid Questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zollaf View Post
    this one time, in vw assistance, i got called out to a very worried owner with a new 04 beetle. he was concerned about a blue flashing light on his dash board, and asked me what it meant. pillock. i actually sat down with him and got him to find it in the manual.
    Out of interest what is the blue flashing light on a beetle- never driven one so wouldn't know, or was he that thick he was looking at the main beam light
    2007 MK5 Golf GT TDI 140ps Diamond Black
    2004 A4 Avant S-Line 1.8T 190ps Avus Silver w/black optics
    1997 MK3 Golf GTI 16v Anniversary Diamond Black- now gone!

0 0 0

10. Re: Stupid Questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    the then new beetle doesnt have a temperature guage. instead it has a blue flashing light when its cold, which then goes out when warm, and changes to a red flashing light if it gets too hot. this is a classic case of rtfm. obviously if you dont have a beetle, you wouldnt be expected to know this. the main thing is that i had to go to him, and treat it as a breakdown, and probably drove 100 miles there and back. i didnt know what it was either when i got there, but had a good idea, and knew it would be in the manual. so i sat down in the car with him and made him read the book until he found it. then i called HQ, told them it was a fix, and got paid for it. you would not believe how much money was spent on jobs like this.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast