1. Service pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wonder if anybody else taking delivery of the Golf after Mar 31st are aware of this or is it my dealer trying to pull a fast one?

I ordered the Service pack with my new golf @225 for the first 3yrs servicing.

Car is due now in April (they thought it would be end of March) and they say they can not offer the service pack on any car registered after 31st March 2009. News to me.

It was listed as an oprion on my order form (contract I signed) so I think they should offer it but don't know my rights

0 0 0

2. Re: Service pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Check the small print on the order/contract form to see if it says anything about registering the car before 31st March 2009 to enable the offer.

If it doesn't specify a date then you're within your rights to request them to stick to the contract or else you'll terminate the contract.

£225 for 3 years servicing sounds cheap to me, so it might be a special offer or something. As I know the 3 years servicing can be purchased with a new car for piece of mind, but don't know the actual costs of it.

0 0 0

3. Re: Service pack 
    WeegieBob Guest
    The £225 service deal was available when I picked my car up on the 1st and was a VW sanctioned offer, although due to unforeseen circumstances I couldn't take it up.

It certainly worked out (in my opinion) as an excellent deal when you add up the three separate service costs over the three years, not to mention only one of my Merc services cost nearly £500! I'd be very disappointed if this offer has been dropped as I was hoping to pick it up later on once my problem had been sorted out.

WeegieBob.

0 0 0

4. Re: Service pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive had it before, its a rip off. I only do 5000 a year so oil and filter on first and second service, they wouldnt do the airfilter on second service because the mileage was low, so i bought one myself and the filter was filthy. I can get genuine parts at trade and my mate is Vat registered, so stuff them all they want to do is rip people off

0 0 0

5. Re: Service pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    3yrs servicing @225 was a stanadard option which I think is worth even though the Mrs will only do 5k miles a year...remember they recommend the brake fulid to be replaced every 2 yrs so it will inclsude this as wwell. The most important thing is I have fixed servicing costs for 3yrs

There is no small print about registering the care before end of March so I think it is a mistake made by the dealer which they will have to honour if VW don't - mind you I will be tied to them

I have never heard of any option which is time-based! They are trying to weasle out of it - many garages make their money from servicing

0 0 0

6. Re: Service pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Service Plan, which can only be taken out at the time of purchase and not after collection, is now only available on the Fox, Polo and the old Golf Plus range.

With all our VWs we signed up to the the VW Maintenance Plan, which covers servicing, maintenance (replacement of wear and tear parts wipers, bulbs, inc cam belt change) and tyres (inc wheel alignment) up to a period of five years. This applies to vehicles purchased from new or if it is used vehicle, the vehicle has to be less than a year old and with a mileage of less than £10k.

Depending on the mileage you do, prices range from £15 to £30 a month, we had/currently have this plan on all the Polos, Golfs and Beetles we owned - well worth it as we didn't need to take extended warranty with some of our vehicles which we kept over three years.

0 0 0

7. Re: Service pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I purchased the 'service pack' not the maintenance pack which covers just scheduled servicing

0 0 0

8. Re: Service pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It all depends what is shown in your contract in terms of the delivery date, if it specifies end March you have a case there as the dealer has breached the contract. If it doesn't I would accept the reduction in price by them removing the manufacturer's service option and then you should seek compensation by making the dealer offer their own dealer's servicing plan for FREE.

Recently, all my local dealers were offering free three years servicing on their used cars but all of their vehicles had their service indicators set to the longlife servicing plan which meant the cars only had to be serviced once in the three years..... the dealer wins by increasing sales but the customer gets conned.

0 0 0

9. Re: Service pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was told that for cars after 31st March you could still join a 3 year plan which covers all parts/servicing for 3 years but for the 1st 2 years you had to pay £13 per month

This comes to £312, a bit more than the £225 previously

Not sure if it's worth it anymore

0 0 0

10. Re: Service pack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its all a rip off even at 225, as previous post if like me you only do 6000 a year, then my car will have three oil changes and brake fluid, and thats if you can prove theyve done the brake fluid, they wouldnt even change my airfilter as on third service i had only done 18000, and not 20000 and it says 20000 for airfilter in manual, that was for a polo. dont bother and just go to a vat registered garage and as long as they use genuine parts then the warranty is valid, i got genuine oil and filter for my old polo for 13 quid, and mechanic changet it for a tenner, 23 in all bargain, i waited with car and it only took 15 minutes book stamped and gone, dont let them rip you off

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast