Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok guys please be kind to me

I have 2003 TDI ( 100 ) with the automatic gearbox.
    problems as follows

today for no reason what so ever i had the warning sound from behind the dash bleep bleep it was driving me mad, all warning lights were out and the car was in park with the hand brake up.
    i only noticed then that the speedo was reading around 15mph and the car was at a standstill, any ideas what that could be ?

another problem with the auto bopx is its getting lazy , 3rd to 4th seems to slip in to gear and not change in to gear, downshift is fine.
    if i leave the car in 3rd so it don't change up i mean not oftern it does in london traffic but if i leave it in 3rd it still changes up when it feels like it.
    bad gearbox or bad control unit ?

0 0 0

2. Re: 1.9 TDI auto grearbox 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok i gave up and took the car in for a check at a automatic shop.
    what suprised me and the guy that looked at the car was this automatic box should not be in my model golf.

in my passenger service schedule the gearbox code is listed as FDB thats a 4 speed auto.
    little did i know that my golf for some reason has the later 5 speed triptronic box fitted in it and only a 4 speed FDB selector in the car without the triptronic function.

guy told me thats why the gearbox feels lazy from 3rd to 4th and so he tested 4th to 5th
    never knew this car had 5th till yesterday

has anyone else ever come across this before or is it just my mix and match pile of bolts that has this fitted ?

oh the bleeping before i forget to say what it was.
    its because the speedo was reading above 10mph with the handbrake up.
    i still don't know why it does that every now and then in park.

strange car, my old mk2 golf 1.8 auto never gave me these sort of problem in the 17 years i had it.
    this thing 6 weeks and i want to trade it in

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. A6 1.9 TDi Auto 130k - Chip / Remap ?
    By 200bhp in forum A6 - S6 - RS6 - - Archive Topics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-11-2007, 06:06 PM
  2. 1.9 GTI TDI 115BHP - 1.9 GT TDI 115BHP whats the diff?
    By Vandall in forum Golf MK4 - 1999 - 2004
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15-11-2007, 05:09 PM
  3. Help.....2000 1.9 Tdi Auto
    By pesky in forum Passat - B5 Forum - 1997 -2005
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-05-2007, 06:07 PM
  4. PRICES OF NEW TOUAREG ANNOUNCED AHEAD OF MARCH LAUNCH
    By stuart in forum Main Site - News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 08:22 PM
  5. ADVANCED NEW FOUR-CYLINDER PIEZO TDI ENGINE