Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Chris,

I'm sure mine stays at ipod.gw or BT audio etc, when I come back to the car. ie it stays at how I left it.
    It definitely stays at Ipod.gw, like you would like, as that is what I use most and I never have to get in and change it

As for the music, it too stops where I left off. I'll double check though and let you know.

I'm not sure what firmware I am on on the Dension, I haven't upgraded to 2.18 yet. I am using an Ipod video 30Gb, maybe there's a setting in the ipod that needs changing?

I have MMI basic.

I would suggest is sending your concerns to Dension, via their website. They are very helpful and respond quickly to technical questions..

Maybe also, if possible, check to see if the Dension is connected to a permanent live, rather than a switched. If I remember rightly it needs to be to a permanent live.. Maybe yours is on a switched and is forgetting the last setting. A guess on my part and no idea if a switched live would cause this.

Simon

1 0 0

2. Re: Desion 500 & BTA1500 in A6 with MMI basic 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Simon,
    Thanks for the quick reply, good to know it can work as I'd like!! I'll get on to dension and see what they come back with.

Cheers,
    Chris.

0 0 0

3. Re: Desion 500 & BTA1500 in A6 with MMI basic 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Chris,

I turned the car off in the middle of a song last night. Came back to it this morning and the song continued where it left off. It also stayed on Ipod.gw.

So I can definitely say it should do what you want.

Best of luck with Dension. I really do think it'll be the switched power, as I can't think of any other thing that could be wrong.. We'll see

What happens when you are listing to ipod, then switch to radio and then back? Does the track stop where you left it, and does it stay on ipod.gw?

If this is the case, then it must be the power, as obviously when you switch to radio there is still power going to the Dension and so should behave as you hoped. Just a thought / experiment to try if you get chance.

Simon

1 0 0

4. Re: Desion 500 & BTA1500 in A6 with MMI basic 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Simon,
    I think you're right. I contacted dension and they said exactly the same thing. I need to connect the dension via a continuous power source.

I've also tried your experiment, and the dension does remember the track position when switching between ipod and radio.

Looks like I'll be dismantelling the glove box this weekend!!

Thanks once again for the help!!

Cheers,
    Chris.

0 0 0

5. Re: Desion 500 & BTA1500 in A6 with MMI basic 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Brilliant!!

0 0 0

6. Re: Desion 500 & BTA1500 in A6 with MMI basic 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All this Dension talk made me feel left out; so I succumbed and ordered one - just hope the wife doesn't find out

Car is going in for some warranty work Monday; as soon as it gets back from that its glovebox out for me

Was considering installing it in the boot; but looks like taking power from the existing cd change is going to be the easiest (and most documented option). I could try putting it in the boot and taping into the sat nav power supply...

Richard

0 0 0

7. Re: Desion 500 & BTA1500 in A6 with MMI basic 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice one Richard.

You need to connect up the optical cables to the Dension unit too, not sure they are in the boot and the extension cable that comes with Dension isn't that long..

Best of luck with hiding it from the wife

Plus all the input ports to the Dension unit would be in the boot. ie USB, IPod connector etc.

Might not be the best option..

Oh and if you get the BTA1500, that too would be an issue, as the mic cable wouldn't reach to the front..

0 0 0

8. Re: Desion 500 & BTA1500 in A6 with MMI basic 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There are fibre optic connections in the boot for sat nav and other gubbings so the connectors are there. I'm intending on plugging in a 16G memory stick and forgetting about it - so taking it out of the boot to update is not a biggy

Advantage of going in the boot is I can put it in the boot racking and if I use bullet connectors when tapping into nav power supply it would be a 10 min job to remove it.... in case I have any further warranty work or change car later

Also, I have an iPod which I use only for car anyway - I could always leave that in the boot as well

Also, as the glove boxes aren't that big.....

0 0 0

9. Re: Desion 500 & BTA1500 in A6 with MMI basic 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Appears Dension don't recommend putting the unit anywhere other than the suggested and heavily document location - doesn't sound like something they have tried themselves and can't comment on the results.

So, looks like glovebox it is Oh well, at least I know there are lots of instructions with pretty pictures to follow....

0 0 0

10. Re: Desion 500 & BTA1500 in A6 with MMI basic 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roodyhoo View Post
    Whenever I turn the car on the dension 500 defaults to aux-gw mode. I then have to press cd-changer, then select cd12 - menu, then select ipod-gw.
    I have the exact same issue. Where do you get the unswitched power from? I used a multimeter with the ignition off and found what seemed to be an unswitched 12v on the glovebox connector - pic attached.
    Attached Images

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast