Notices

User Tag List

Thread: RESOLVED: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07)

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thnak you very much, thIs is now clear for me.
    Kind Regards
    Last edited by psyho; 30-05-2009 at 09:38 AM.

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nobbyuk View Post
    If you mean the '09 LED tail lights, the answer is no, unless you also fit an '09 boot lid. It may also require new rear panels as the boot lid appears to be a different shape.

There where two versions of rear cluster for the 05-09 car. In the UK, if you had halogen headlights, then you had normal bulb tail lights. However, if you had Xenon headlights, then you had "highline" tail lights, which had LED brake lights. All other bulbs are the same, but there is an LED strip across the top of the unit for the brake lights.
    This can be retro fitted to the car and is a straight swap for the existing rear cluster. Simply requires a vagcode to enable the LED brake lights.

Hope that helsp
    Dave

Great explanation Nobby and thats exactly what they did to my A6

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Jim,

Have you checked the fog and reversing lights are the right way round ?

I was looking at the coding of the central convenience module on my car the other day and tried to work out how the code was derived. When I added up all my options, it came to a number higher than the coding. If I took out the code for "Right hand steering" I got the right code.

Just wandering if they added the code for Right hand steering to yours. I think that may control which side the fog light is. Could be wrong though, I'm certainly no VAG COM expert.

Cheers
    Dave
    Current: 2012 Q7 S-Line
    Previous: 2011 A6 Avant 2.0TDi S-Line Special Edition; 2007 Q7 3.0TDi Quattro S-Line; 2006 A6 3.0TDi Quattro S-Line Le Mans; 2005 A6 2.0TDi SE

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hey Nobby, sorry I haven't had time to check but I'm sure they're fine - havin said that you know I'll check the next time I'm out n about in her....lol

Too busy tryin to get the rear number plate leds to stop throwin codes....they look the absolute mutts nutts but only stay on for around 30 secs and then the bulb out light comes on......looks like I need to get a resistor put in......any ideas who could help with this for me?
    Already done the dome interior lights and just waiting for the map reading lights to arrive to do them too.

Jim

LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Only had my 2007 A6 a few weeks and after washing it at the weekend have noticed fogging of the rear light cluster and also side indicator lenses.

I'm taking it in on friday to have it looked at and hopefully replaced. I've already got the highline tail lights so I'm guessing they will just swap them.

Has there been a fix for this problem or is it that some of the seals were just dodgy?
    A6.................Because I'm worth it!

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hey there Spinney.....If you have the later versions, chances are they'll just swap them out for you. They have at least 2 different suppliers I believe.
    I found that the later ones I received were from a different supplier and once fitted had no problems since.
    Just remember - take no nonsense and stand your ground, especially as you're still under warranty.
    This is a known issue

1 0 0

7. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Jim,

I might print off this thread and take it along just in case!
    A6.................Because I'm worth it!

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Jeeesh - the drivers side rear light has serious condensation AGAIN.....well, more like water droplets accumulating and it looks nasty
    Called the dealership to complain yesterday - to be absolutely fair to them. They've arranged not only to replace the light and re-seal it, but also to send out a mobile tech to carrry out the work to my home address.
    This'll be the 6th light replaced to date though - not good!

Jim

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Darn! Was this with your new Highline LED rear lights? We were all hoping your problem was fixed by having these fitted.

Sorry to hear you're still struggling with the problem. Keep smiling!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hey MFGF, unbelievable I know. What gets to me more is the fact that there are hundreds of Audi drivers out there all suffering the same problem and not shouting about it
    Sheer weight of numbers seems to be the only way they are gonna rectify the problem.

I did hear, that they were designed to "breathe" to allow for this condition, which I find strange. I woulda thought they would have been sealed which is what the dealership were told to do by Audi on my last set. The passenger side is still ok, just the drivers side gone, so maybe they just didn't manage to seal that side as well?

0 0 0

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast