Notices

User Tag List

Thread: RESOLVED: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07)

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
  1. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I have the same problem on my Audi, which is 2006 and it has those rear light with LED for brake lights.. When I removed both lights, found that one clip on each light, located on the top of the light unit are broken. In my case, that's why water is getting inside the lamp. I have ElsaWin and it says that for those particular lights there's a common fault, which is caused by wrong chemical being used while washing a car. It states that chemicals gets into a plastic and that's why those plastic clips brakes and water gets into.. for the moment, the only solution I found, is to seal the unit, but then how am I going to change light bulbs
    Only in AUDI I trust..

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Or don't use car wash chemicals that can't eat through it :- )

Not had that issue myself - although my bulb holder did go on both sides, it was after 4 odd years and a lot of driving. I put it down to the condensation issue I used to have but since cleaning it out, replacing the bulb holders, it's been fine with no condensation nor bulb holders going out. I was my car weekly if not twice a week but I do it myself

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    That just shows you how seriously Audi take (or rather don't) this issue.
    there are 21 pages of people reporting leaking rear lights, all the dealers offer is more of the same.
    I have a car in which the rear lights fill up with water,
    Oh quite normal sir
    Part of your water feature range for rear lights eh?
    No sir it's just part of the normal temperature differences and will subside with time....yeah right.
    had the car 2 years now, full of water on the forecourt, promised to fix it, shook hands on the deal, didn't fix it
    All they offered was to replace a light that leaked with another light that leaked.
    Will now not buy ANYTHING from dealers unless I can't get it anywhere else

Customer Service = non existent

Gazza57

0 1 0

4. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Warranty gaz?

Mine replaced them without fuss.... Same with a brand new clutch that was slipping....

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Igloo - The point is even if they do get replaced under warranty ( I had around 8 sets iirc ) they all still leak / have the same issue, so its only a
    delaying tactic I'm afraid.

I've given up on this as have many others, removed them, dried them and drileld them and now have no issues, just crystal clear lights.
    A total PITA I know but its been the only resolution unfortunately

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

1 1 0

6. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Well it's been almost a week of sun, cold, muggy, rain, and torrential rain! Basically typical Scottish elements... And I'm pleased to report I still have crystal clear lights!

Resident Curry Muncher

2 1 0

7. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Igloo View Post
    Warranty gaz?

Mine replaced them without fuss.... Same with a brand new clutch that was slipping....
    Yes,
    They replaced them under warranty, but the fact is their answer to the problem was to replace one defectively designed rear light with an identical rear light equally ineffective at staying moisture free.
    Didn't have any fuss,the usual spiel about no one else reporting issues of this type, I knew otherwise.
    But the fact is they are wasting my time, the light leaks and fills up with water, I go in they replace them and after a couple of months the problem returns.
    I don't need a replacement light that also leaks, I need a solution to a design problem, that's their job is it not?
    I have washed my hands of them, they promised to deal with it on the sales forecourt, I shook hands with the salesman on it, proves their handshakes are like their rear light clusters, not up to the job.
    Fact is this is only a minor problem, but they have shown themselves to be completely unable to deal with the issue other than to replace one defective light with another.

God knows where we would be had I had a more major problem like a valve or camshaft problem.

I am going to drill them out as Jim C64 has done, I asked them to do that, they refused point blank, they said it wouldn't be an approved repair, what in god's name is an approved repair, it's either repaired or it isn't, who approves it? what on earth do they know anyway? not very much it would appear.
    I added it may not be an approved repair but by god it would be an effective one, but no they prefer just to give me another faulty light cluster and walk away.

The delicious irony here is that they have always cited my use of an independent as some sort of device that undermines the residual value of the car, my experience always has been the opposite, based on my own experiences I consider an independent service history as far better credentials of the true nature in which the car has been looked after.
    I base my opinions on my own experiences and I reserve the right to choose who looks after my vehicle.

Gazza57

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Gazza I'd be inclined to get new light clusters from Audi and then drill the new ones! Will save you drying them out etc...

Resident Curry Muncher

0 1 0

9. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza57 View Post

I am going to drill them out as Jim C64 has done,
    Gazza57

Hey Gaz, the drilled technique as originated by Gup has now been completed by more than a few members here and all have reported a huge difference.

AlyM who I met with a week or so ago had the same condensation issue and has since drilled them out and now has clear lights that don't leak.

Please, do yourself a favour mate and if they fit new lights, take them out as soon as you get home and get them drilled.....You will save yourself so much hassle / grief and heartache......really sounds like your blood pressure's up on this too, not good.
    Do it and forget about it and get your blood pressure down.....lol

All my best

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

1 1 0

10. Re: A6 Rear light cluster ( 07) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    My car's had perfectly clear/dry lights from purchase last August...am assuming previous owner has modded...dunno if I can check without removal...but if it's not broke...
    XK8 96 Dyno'd at 305 and LPG converted, a mere 65ppl
    A6 07 3.0 quattro tip SE Limo, black,black leather/tints /black alloys/towbar/Alientech Eco Remap/quads/Rear DVD screens/Pogo Alert+

0 0 0

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast