Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Pre wired Cd Changer connector location

1. Pre wired Cd Changer connector location 
    benw1984 Guest
    Hi

i have an alphine aftermarket cd changer that i would like to put into my A4. the headunit is a Chorus cassette palyer.

With the changer being an aftermarket one do i need special interface cable for it to work? also does anyone know whether there should already be a cable somewhere in the car for me to connect to and if so where would it be? or do i need to plug directly into the back of the headunit?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

many thanks.

Benw1984

0 0 0

2. Re: Pre wired Cd Changer connector location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Some cars do have the wiring, some don't. Mind certainly doesn't. I bought a cable to connect the multichanger in the glovebox to the Chorus cassette unit for about £15 of eBay.
    If the wiring isn't behind the glovebox (5 hex bolts to remove easily and look, you will need either a glovebox with the hole in it for the CD unit or to cut a hole in it yourself) it might be in the boot on the left, I think. Search on here, you'll find an answer - probably the original thread I posted about 2 years ago when I bought the multichanger!

0 0 0

3. Re: Pre wired Cd Changer connector location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 0 0

4. Re: Pre wired Cd Changer connector location 
    benw1984 Guest
    Thank you Hagis i will have a search around and have a look at your earlier thread.

One other thing though... where would i find out what cable i need? i found one for £50 on the web (which i thought was a bit pricey) but it didn't have a number or specific name to be able to look on ebay, it just said it would do the job.

Many thanks,

Ben1984

0 0 0

5. Re: Pre wired Cd Changer connector location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I can't remember the name of it and I can't find the thread on here where someone recommended it to me (you may want to have a look yourself). If I can get to the lead (which I've a horrible feeling if buried under a mound of junk in the spare room) I'll try and get a photo.

Unless someone else can say what it is?

0 0 0

6. Re: Pre wired Cd Changer connector location 
    benw1984 Guest
    Thanks again Hagis. Dont worry about digging it out, i will do some more research on here and the net. It might even be worth a quick phone call to a car audio centre to see if they can tell me what it is.

thank you.

regards,

Ben1984

0 0 0

7. Re: Pre wired Cd Changer connector location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I think.. (well they used to do) Halfords of all places did the Audi/VW headunit plug to a universal auto changer.

Rick

0 0 0

8. Re: Pre wired Cd Changer connector location 
    benw1984 Guest
    Thanksn Rick.... i will call in over the weekend and check it out!

many thanks

Benw1984

0 0 0