Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, yes you are.

Going to double the tax on 'gas guzzlers'. The tax will potentially double!

So, I buy a 2nd hand car and yes it has a large engine. But, it gets between 32 and 34mpg (which aint bad for a petrol V6). I know of many people in smaller cars who struggle to get this due to their driving style.

Ho-hum - humped by the government again....

Cheers Gordy. You'll not be getting my vote that's for sure.

Gordon Brown - a proper wally

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Could not agree more. Complete *** he is.
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    what is this news you speak of? in terms of the tax increase.... just what has increased and what are the limits, eg what size engine etc etc

what really chuffs me off, i've got a 1.9 tdi pd, but because it was registered in 2000 and the emissions based tax is only applicable from 2001, i have to pay the hefty £96 every 6 months!

so pleesh, tell me it doesnt affect me

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    SO...hopefully it wont affect me im all for taxing the big 4x4s off our roads, i dont think they have a place on british roads anymore, theyve become more of a fashion statement as opposed to being chosen for their utility.

i've seen talks of a pay as you go tax, which could be a good idea, but presumably, leading us closer to the 'big brother' state

i disagree with tax hikes according to engines size, but as far as emissions are concerned, most modern 'petrol heads' shouldnt be affected?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You guys think you're bad there - i pay over €500 a year on my 1.9 tdi! (tax here has nothing to do with emissions!!!) a mate of mine drives an 06 R32 and he taxed it in Sept last year when he got it - was over €1600 for 12 months - beat that for a ****** of a government!!!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    1600!!!

How is that justified? How much does a litre of Petrol cost? Surely that must be offset somewhere?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Petrol is around €1.10 or so at the minute (about 75p) not offset anywhere!!! When i drive to Dublin i have to pay €1.70 to use the road! (each way!)

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madfella65 View Post
    Petrol is around €1.10 or so at the minute (about 75p) not offset anywhere!!! When i drive to Dublin i have to pay €1.70 to use the road! (each way!)
    just a suggestion... dont live in northern ireland ? joking aside, that is shocking... im off to america myself

0 0 0

10. was going to post a seperate thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    And still might. Buy yourself a 4x4 it is better for the environment than a Prius
    Last edited by MalcQV; 19-03-2007 at 03:41 PM. Reason: removed text
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast