1. rejected new EOS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After weeks of waiting I went today to collect my new EOS The car had been out in the rain last night opened the boot ....water everywhere the wooden cover for the spare was bent and underneath tools corroded and the wood had mould on it..so it must have leaking for a while

As I had not paid I walked away from it..How can VW turn out cars like these They are expensive cars it is a disgrace.

Alan

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You're absolutely right it's a disgrace. You must be gutted.

A friend of mine recently bought a Golf GT TDi brand new and it wouldn't run properly - turned out that the cylinder head bolts hadn't been torqued down!

Another mate ordered an R32 and VW negated to tell him, 7 weeks after the order was placed, that his chosen interior colour had been deleted.

It seems that many manufacturers aren't that bothered about individual buyers as they sell more new cars to fleets. It's the spare parts when they break that they make all their money from.

Have you decided what you're going to get instead?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not really sure At least the MX5s have no build quality issues Also looked a the focus cc but after this am very waery of new models
    alan

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    whilst i understand your dissapointment, you cannot tar every single VW dealer with the same brush.

this was obviously an instance of where the most basic of quality control checks had not been made.

the dealer will have been well aware of the faults you mention, why these werent picked up is incomprehensible and unforgivable.

although i've never bought new, i got well and truly stung with my golf when i bought it from a used (supposed major) dealer.... suffice to say i learnt my lesson.

i cant possibly imagine every single vw being turned out like this, can you imagine how long VW would have lasted otherwise?

my suggestion would be, write a letter of complaint, post it to the nearest head office, i can almost guarentee, you will get the car you wanted, properly and probably a damn site cheaper with a few extras thrown in. dont be bitter, turn the situation around to be in your favour

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    HI Whilst I am sure not all VW eoss are like this I did mention water leaks to the dealer who assured me that the car had been checked and was fine I am realy annoyed as I drove 130 miles to get just the color etc that I wanted

alan

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I worked in a VW garage for a shory while doing PDI'son new cars shortlly before leaving the motor trade and was amazed with the amount of cars coming through the workshop with things like battery terminals not tighted,oil leaves way below "min" mark,coolant levels low, trims loose I couldn't belive the amount of things slipping past the factory quality checks.Having benn used to doing Vauxhall cars where the only real things to adjust was tyre pressures I'd expected so much more from the suposedly better VW group.M

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alpappy View Post
    HI Whilst I am sure not all VW eoss are like this I did mention water leaks to the dealer who assured me that the car had been checked and was fine I am realy annoyed as I drove 130 miles to get just the color etc that I wanted

alan
    put it in writing mate, put it to the head or area office and enclose a reciept for the fuel you had to put in to travel all that way, explain how annoyed you are and mention that you are going to go to another brand. mention the possibility of bad pressing them and i know they will fold, they will bend over backwards to give you a good deal.

there was a similar post on here with a lad who managed to wangle a new golf mk5 and a significant reduction, let me find it and ill post it up here for you

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Awful news, I would of expected better from VW .

I do think that these days all car manufacturers are much the same as one another. We may like to think we have bought the best .
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though

0 0 0

Paul Hopkinson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by alpappy View Post
    After weeks of waiting I went today to collect my new EOS The car had been out in the rain last night opened the boot ....water everywhere the wooden cover for the spare was bent and underneath tools corroded and the wood had mould on it..so it must have leaking for a while

As I had not paid I walked away from it..How can VW turn out cars like these They are expensive cars it is a disgrace.

Alan
    Hi Alan, bet that was a surprise ! Really sorry to hear that you have problems.

I have also had water in my boot, but it was not there when I picked up my Eos, this I know as perhaps like yourself, I asked to look into the boot, not to loook for water (never even dreamt of there going to be a water problem!) but just to see where the jack etc was and it was completely dry when the salesman lifted the flap etc that covers the spare wheel.

If you have not done so, then please read my post to see how I found my little "Oasis"

Best of liuck in finding another car.

Paul...
    Last edited by Paul Hopkinson; 19-03-2007 at 10:16 AM. Reason: bad spelling !!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the leak in my car was not a well of water but a layer of water on top of the spare wheel area. The cover was warped and on tHE underside there was mildew so it must have been leaking form day one the wheel spanner was covered in white corosion the boot had an awful mouldy smell as well
    alan

0 0 0