1. (!) flashing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone i was driving down the road and all of a sudden the (!) light has started to flash on the dash board. However what i find odd is that the audi coupe (94) still drives completely fine.

I checked the rad levels, power steering fluid and the brake fluid and they are all fine.

I have just recently changed the spark plugs, HT leads, ignition coil and dizzy.

Could the engine management system need to be set or is it something else?

Cheers
    Andy

0 0 0

2. Re: (!) flashing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    if its the red light its either low on brake fluid or the pressures of the brake booster are low

0 0 0

3. Re: (!) flashing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The brake fluid looks find, could i ask what a brake booster is?

cheers
    Andy

0 0 0

4. Re: (!) flashing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    some of the early coupes had a hydrualic pump(part of pas pump) that worked the brakes instead of a servo they had a accumalator bolted down on the n/s of engine which was instead of a servo after running switch off and you should get 20-25 pumps of the pedal before it goes hard these used to fail

0 0 0

5. Re: (!) flashing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mines doing exactly the same thing trhis mornig, just sometimes it stoped for a second? strange

0 0 0

6. Re: (!) flashing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have you cheked your power steering fluid level, i cheked mine and toped it up and now the light dosent come on!

0 0 0

7. Re: (!) flashing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

just for information, the power steering system and the hydraulic brake assist use a tandem pump i.e. two pumps in one. The fluid used in this system must be hydraulic mineral oil NOT pas fluid. The Audi spec for the oil is g002000 which has now been superceded by G004000.
    If pas fluid is put in this system, it causes leaks and other failures, none of them cheap to fix!!
    2001 Passat estate Sport tdi 130hp
    2001 Passat Sport tdi 130hp
    1990 Audi coupe 20v x 2

0 0 0

8. Re: (!) flashing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi my 2.6 v6 did the same thing from cold.Or when it had been stood for a few hours. I would try changeing pas fluid,it worked for me for a while. Still flashes every so often but only for a second or two. Used to flash for 30 seconds or so before. Will change it again and let you know how it goes.By the way use o.e fluid. hope this helps.

0 0 0

9. Re: (!) flashing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    snap had same problem turned out to be low level in the power steering fluid and like said about use mineral oil not normal pas fluid also there is a sender that slides out of the brake fluid resivoir underneath these can fail too easy to change

0 0 0