Notices

User Tag List

View Poll Results: WHERE SHALL WE MEET?? or do you have any more ideas??

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ten of the best!! Sunday 29th July 2007

2 4.35%
  • Lydden Hill - Rally Cross - 28th May 2007

1 2.17%
  • Goodwood Festival of Speed - 22 – 24 June 2007

10 21.74%
  • FIA GT Championship - Sunday 6th May – 2007

1 2.17%
  • MAYBE - Sun 27 May 2007 - The 2 Wheel Drive Stages Rally

0 0%
  • 27th May 2007 - Scobby Shoot out -

1 2.17%
  • TOURING CARS - 4 Croft 03/Jun/2007

5 10.87%
  • VW Festival - Sunday 19th August 2007

19 41.30%
  • THE RALLY SHOW - 29-30th Sept 2007

2 4.35%
  • ANY OTHER EVENTS!!!!! PLEASE POST!!!!!

2 4.35%
  • No Thanks, Im not coming!!

3 6.52%

Thread: Forum Meet... Would You Like To Meet Here?????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Forum Meet... Would You Like To Meet Here????? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello!!

Right... VWAudiforum.co.uk meet part 2...

I have put a few of my own ideas to events i will be attending over the next few months to arrange a meet of the forum.

This way we can all meet up.. have a chat etc... watch a bit of motorsport and all get along fine.. i think the best way of our first meet will be to tie it into an event so just incase you dont like me/anyone else you can go do your own thing!!

please vote for the event you would like.

I will be attending all of these so if you want to meet up more than once feel free.

thank you for reading!

RicKT

0 0 0

2. Exclamation  
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sunday 6th May – 2007
    http://www.silverstone.co.uk/html/ra...ampionship.php
    Silverstone's annual FIA GT Championship is now firmly established as the UK’s premier sportscar race meeting. Topping the bill is Royal Automobile Club’s famous Tourist Trophy – the world’s longest running motor race and this county’s only round of globetrotting FIA GT Championship. Featuring a wealth of mouth-watering Aston Martins, Corvettes, Ferraris, Maseratis, Porsches and Spykers, the long-running TT remains a true GT racing classic and this year’s 500km showdown promises to be the best yet.
    The spectacular weekend will also witness Jaguar’s return to the race track. After its unsuccessful attempt to break into F1, the legendary British marque is returning to its sportscar roots with the creation of a stunning new racing version of its latest XKR coupe. No fewer than six XKRs should see the Coventry Cars back on the prowl in the two opening rounds of the flourishing FIA GT3 Championship, which appear on the action-packed Supercar Showdown bill.
    But the weekend isn't just about racing. Autograph sessions, pit-walks and an ‘open-to-all’ paddock will provide exceptional access to the teams, stars and some of the most spectacular supercars on the road today.

##############################################

27th May 2007 - Scobby Shoot out –

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/index.php?p=scoobylive

Attractions
    Scooby Shootout
    Watch the most powerful Subarus in the world tear up the tarmac on our Live Scooby Shootout 1/4 mile drag strip.
    ScoobyLive Hanlding Circuit
    Power is nothing without control. See all the spins, the powerslides and the awesome cornering power of the worlds best handling Subarus.

##############################

Redline TOTB 6 - to be held on Sunday 29th July 2007 at Elvington airfield nr York.

It's our pleasure once again to invite you all to Redline Ten of the Best 6, in association with Millers Oils.

The event takes place at Elvington Airfield on Sunday 29th July 2007 with racing from 10.30am. Gates open at 9am for spectators.

Entry tickets are now on sale in our TOTB online shop at the special advance price of just £15 per adult.
    Entry on the day is £20 per adult.
    Children under 16 free entry if accompanied by parent or guardian.

############################

LYDDEN HILL
    28th May 2007
    http://www.rallycrossuk.com/circuits/lydden.html

################################################## ###############################

Stage Rally : The 2 Wheel Drive Stages Rally

Sun 27 May 2007 [9:00]
    The 2 Wheel Drive Stages Rally at Twyford Wood. NON-Turbo 2 wheel drive cars. Also a round of the 205 Championship. Regs and entry form will be available soon
    Website: http://www.sheffieldandhallamshiremc.../2WDrally.html

#################################

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/fos/

The theme of the fifteenth Goodwood Festival of Speed, due to be held over the weekend of 22 – 24 June 2007, will be ‘Spark of Genius – Breaking Records, Pushing Boundaries.’

Cheers

RicKT

http://www.therallyshow.org./

We have just had the second year of VW Festival, and although the weather was not as good as it was for VW Festival 2005 we still managed to attract approximately 7000 visitors, with cars of all types and standards, from beautifully restored Beetles and Campers to highly modified Golfs. Take a look at our 2006 photo gallery or the Aerial photographs of the show.
    We will be posting reviews from the press as we receive them so keep an eye on the reviews page. We have also created a page with testimonials that we have received from people that came to the show.
    VW Festival is not only aimed at VW enthusiasts who want to show off their cars or look at other people's hard work; it's also for the families, who want to spend a sunny sunday wondering around the grounds of Harewood House and facilities, and taking a look at our show at the same time.
    The show starts at 10am on Sunday 19th August 2007

Touring Cars –
    Croft 03/Jun/2007
    http://www.btcc.net/html/racedates.php

#########################

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The most appropriate show is the VW festival. It's best for me as it's in the holidays, but it is a long way north
    Passat Sport Estate 2001 1.9 TDI PD
    100k miles

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for your vote

RicKT

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For me, this looks like the best venue for a meet, nice and informal - might even have a go at camping if the weather is good.
    Thanks, for the ideas Rick...
    Carl [eshrules]- thanks for persevering - your efforts are appreciated!

Cheers

Guy

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    well i've voted for the vw festival as well, practically for the same reasons as huweth. however 'tis early days and we need to get the number of interested members up, only 8 votes but 56 views

only problem i can see with the vw festival is the location of it for some people....

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All the options above look good to me. I've got to move house/find another job in the next couple of months so have no idea where I will be or what I'll be doing, but I'll come along to the meet.

(Didn't click on a preference. I'm dead useful.)
    B5 2000 1.8T Sport Estate
    178,000 miles and counting..

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quite a few look good, scoobynet one, The FIA one but I do intend to go to the GF of Speed anyway.
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though

0 0 0

9. Exclamation  
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Good stuff.. im glad to see votes coming in....

Remeber that we can do a few of these if you want.. its not just a vote for one... its to find the most instrest for the events and then we will take it from there...

As i said im going to these as it is today, so your all welcome to join up with me and my mates..

RiCKT

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    can i just ask that anyone whos passed comment in here and/or voted , could you please clicky the linky in my sig.... pass your vote on there for me too please, so i have an idea of the figures thanking you

i like the look of that silverstone one rick, perhaps not for a meet, but anyone who goes there could meet up with yoursel etc etc..... have you been before and whats it like?

i've not been to a motor show before

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast