Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi
    This might sound like an easy one but does anybody know how to remove a door card from an a4 2002. The door llock unlock switch has stopped working.
    Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: audi a4 door card removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    undo the screws dont forget about the little one on the inside edge of the card then lift up its that easy any probs just let me know

0 0 0

3. Re: audi a4 door card removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi,

i have just moved the message over to the A4 section,.

Thanks

Rick

0 0 0

4. Re: audi a4 door card removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I have the same problem, trying to replace speakers but can't remove the door cards. A4. I have removed both screws either end at the top, and the one by the handle . . . what now? I can't seem to remove the plastic surround of the handle, and the door card is still stuck fast!! I can't pull it away, lift it up, or shift it sideways . . . am I doing something wrong? Please help.

0 0 0

5. Re: audi a4 door card removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Remove the trim from the door which reveals 5 screws, one at bottom of door, two hiding under the plastic cover by door pull. Once all the screws are out just pull hard from the edge as its held in with poppers. Cant recall exactly how many but around 5 and they are prone to breaking. The lift door upwards and unplug all the connections to remove door from car.

J

Quote Originally Posted by htreacher View Post
    Hi, I have the same problem, trying to replace speakers but can't remove the door cards. A4. I have removed both screws either end at the top, and the one by the handle . . . what now? I can't seem to remove the plastic surround of the handle, and the door card is still stuck fast!! I can't pull it away, lift it up, or shift it sideways . . . am I doing something wrong? Please help.

0 0 0

6. Re: audi a4 door card removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Read here, it's very easy to do, I did the job last weekend then replied to someone else who wanted to remove door panels.

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ad.php?t=53363

0 0 0

7. Re: audi a4 door card removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wicked, thanks guys . . . only . . . . I'm a woman - remove the trim panel?? Two screws hiding under plastic cover of door pull, got that bit, assume plastic just pops out with a little gentle persuasion? (Electric windows by the way - still the same?) So, this trim panel . . ?

0 0 0

8. Re: audi a4 door card removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Women DIYer

The trim panel I mean the long plastic strip that runs across the door above the door pull. To remove pull gently from the door hinge end, 4-5 metal poppers secure it BUT the last is not...just pull strip towards hinge end to remove.

J

Quote Originally Posted by htreacher View Post
    Wicked, thanks guys . . . only . . . . I'm a woman - remove the trim panel?? Two screws hiding under plastic cover of door pull, got that bit, assume plastic just pops out with a little gentle persuasion? (Electric windows by the way - still the same?) So, this trim panel . . ?

0 0 0

9. Re: audi a4 door card removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, woman DIY'er . . . whats wrong with that??!!! Lol. Ok, thanks, will give it a go - hope I don't break a nail!!
    Where's a geezer when you need one!!!!!

0 0 0

10. Re: audi a4 door card removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Door card removal is actually pretty easy, but - as experienced here - knowing where the fixings are is half the battle!!!

We produced a video for removing the doorcards on the B6/B7 A4, S4 and RS4. May well be useful if you're reading this! Check it out:

How to Remove Door Card Panel - Audi A4 S4 RS4 - B6 B7 2001-2008 - TOTAL TECHNIK - YouTube

We produce video's on how to remove/install various parts from VAG vehicles...

Check out our YouTube Channel:
    www.youtube.com/totaltechnik

Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/totaltechnik

0 0 0