Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know how to remove the Driver side front door panel
    on a A4 2004 TDI. I do not know what has happened, but there is a horrid
    vibration noise coming from within. It's Like a loose washer vibrating ...
    Any help really appreciated...
    THANKS....
    kjc1

0 0 0

2. Re: A4 2004 how to remove the front Door panel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Firstly there is a screw underneath - you have to remove this,

then the tweeter speaker cover needs to be removed and the screws under this undone.

lift out the switches for the windows (screw driver under boot end and carefully lift). undo the screw under this

remove the wooden trim at the top of the door (pull gently from the "rear of car" end). Undo the screws under this

pull from bottom moving around edges to eisengage clips, there are several!!

lift panel up to disengage

I would suggest you get a copy of ELSAWIN off ebay as that has the diagrams etc.

Let me know if you need any more info,

Walter.

0 0 0

3. Re: A4 2004 how to remove the front Door panel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, I have to disagree with wmccann - but not entirely!
    1) Remove screw from the bottom of the panel in the centre (as already described).
    2) Prise out cover from just below the armrest and remove the two screws
    3) Remove trim from above the door release handle that runs the length of the door by pulling from the front edge and sliding the trim forward.
    4) Remove the 4 screws from behind the trim just removed in step 3.
    5) Prise the panel away from the door and lift panel up once clips are disengaged (as previously described).

No need to remove tweeter grille or window switches.

0 0 0

4. Re: A4 2004 how to remove the front Door panel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Apologies, what I put was for the A4 Cabriolet,

Walter.

1 0 0

5. Thumbs up Re: A4 2004 how to remove the front Door panel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Guys ......that did the trick nicely. Found the source too
    KJC

0 0 0

6. Re: A4 2004 how to remove the front Door panel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you don't mind me asking... how long did it take you? I've got an annoying rattle in the front passenger door that I'd like to sort out...

0 0 0

7. Re: A4 2004 how to remove the front Door panel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Seb,

On the Cabriolet it takes about 10 mins to remove (just be careful you don't break any of the clips) and about 20-30 to fit back together. If this is your first time - leave at least 90 minutes.

2 tips -

1) the black clips - do not remove the center spindle (you will understand when you see it) just pull the piece that goes in the door to the end of the spindle so the arms are under the little grommit at the end. - you do not have to take them off!!!

2) get yourself a copy of the following if you are going to do more repairs - available on Ebay cheaply:
    a) ElsaWin - this is the VW/Audi/Skoda repar guide - shows you step by step how to take your car apart and put it back together (hopefully) again.
    b) EKTA - this is the parts catalogue - has some great diagrams/photos and can help ordering parts
    c) Guided fault finding (if you can read your cars computers using VAGCOM)
    d) VAGCOM from Rosstechs - lets you read the car's computers and make settings changes

Walter.

1 0 0

8. Re: A4 2004 how to remove the front Door panel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Walter. It'll obviously have to wait until I can set aside enough time...

0 0 0

9. Re: A4 2004 how to remove the front Door panel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    About 15 minutes, most of which was around removing the door panel, starting from the bottom. You do have to prize it out and it is very difficult to avoid damaging some of the Plastic lugs which fasted the door panel to the Door Frame. I got lucky and only damaged one which I was able to repair. As for the rattle, I can only put down it's removal to 3 things which I did. One was to remove the tail end of a tie-rap cable which secured a cable harness. To my mind the tie wrap used was too big and left about 4 inches protruding out against a bare metal side of the door. (maybe not). The other was the lugs. With these in place on the door panel ready to mate with the door frame, I created a vibration in the panel by tipping it with my hand. Some of the lugs vibrated a little so I decided to put a
    litte amount of glu behind each of these. Last thing was to put a strip of adhesive backed foam on the Electric Window motor. I checked every single screw for tightness on trhe panel as well. I guess I spent a good Hour on the investigation part..... and about another 15 minutes to put the panel back on. I guess the Key here is ...... Fix it right first time, as repeat removals of the door panel will only result in a bad end fit and you may end up with a bigger problem than the one you started with. Anyhow... hope this helps... by the way it might be an idea to have purchased a few spare lugs befor you commence .
    K regards
    KJC

1 0 0

10. Re: A4 2004 how to remove the front Door panel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, thanks for the detailed reply!

I think you're probably right about getting hold of some replacement clips - I've ordered some from my local Audi indi and won't start pulling anything off until they're here. From the location of the rattle I'm pretty sure it's related to a wiring harness, but I guess I won't be able to tell for sure until the card's off and I can poke around inside.

Anyhoo, thanks again!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast