Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Howdy folks!
    I have a 2002 1.9TDI SE 130bhp A6. I have heard that its a common fault that the clutch and flywheel gives trouble on these, and it needs to be replaced...I was in traffic the other day, and because I was spaced out, i had the car in 3rd gear, not 1st, and it obviously cut out....I simply started it and put it into 1st, but it was very tight going in. There was a bit of a hill so i let it role out of the way rather than force it in, and I stopped to examine the problem...
    I then noticed that it was stiff going into all the gears when it was stopped and the engine was running, but they would change no problem if the engine was off!...I could change gears, ok, but not perfectly, after first, (up to 2,3,4,5) once the car was moving, but it was tougher gearing down!
    I was told it could be the synchromesh on the gearbox that "just went", and I was also told it could be the clutch... It seems most obvious to me that it would be the clutch, especially as it seems to be a bit of a fault with them, but would it just go like this, or maybe it was on its last legs anyway, or was it just coincidence!?
    I'm bringing it to an Audi dealer on Monday anyway, but any ideas?
    Thanks.
    0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A6 1.9 TDI 130 SE Clutch & Flywheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    It is not the synchromesh. When you stalled it it may have been the last straw for the DMF and the clutch is now dragging either because of the DMF or a clutch fault. Either way it appears the G/B needs to come off. The DMF is expensive. You may find there is now a vibration when you lift the engine of idle and between 1200 and 1500 rpm. Regards Peter
    1 0 0

3. Re: Audi A6 1.9 TDI 130 SE Clutch & Flywheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi peter, ya I knew it wouldnt be the gearbox alrite becuase gearchanges are perfect. Theres no slip in the cluth either, its pulling full power, just tough to get in gear, it will even grind, depending on how u put it in gear, which is why its parked at the moment! I noticed, when in neutral, and when you rev it up, on the descent theres a bit of a whine, or more of a "hooo", but then again that could have been there before, and i'm noticing these things now?
    Thanks.
    0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A6 1.9 TDI 130 SE Clutch & Flywheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Has the bite point of the clutch pedal change. This could be a delaminated clutch. Regards Peter
    1 0 0

5. Re: Audi A6 1.9 TDI 130 SE Clutch & Flywheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No the bite point is the very same, and the pull is the same (clutch isn't slipping or hesitating or anything). If I didnt have to change gears at all I'd have never noticed...
    0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A6 1.9 TDI 130 SE Clutch & Flywheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    check clutch fluid level and/or try bleeding cluch to rule out any problem there first.
    0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A6 1.9 TDI 130 SE Clutch & Flywheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ya sound i'll do that as a matter of precaution, but i doubt it'd cause a problem all of a sudden like that unless something broke or slipped etc...
    0 0 0

8. Re: Audi A6 1.9 TDI 130 SE Clutch & Flywheel 
    MikkiJayne Guest
    Definitely sounds like the clutch is dragging. The clutches on the later models are self adjusting, so the bite point will always be in the same place regardless of clutch wear, which tbh isn't too helpful for fault diagnosis

I'm with Peter on this one - I think the box is going to have to come off I'm afraid.
    0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A6 1.9 TDI 130 SE Clutch & Flywheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ya i'd say so, but do you think it'll be just the flywheel and clutch, or is the gearbox in question too then?
    0 0 0

10. Re: Audi A6 1.9 TDI 130 SE Clutch & Flywheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You do not describe any gearbox symptoms just a clutch problem. Regards Peter
    0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast