1. Retrospective Satnav Audi A6 2005 - Help Needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can anybody help me with the project on fitting "retrofit" Satnav to my 2005 (54 plate) Audi A6. I have already bought the "Satnav" drive which goes in the boot and have a sneaky suspicion may be the wrong drive. It is the "Navigation 4" type and almost sure its the CD rom based drive and NOT dvd.

On the label it says

Blaupunkt - WERKE GMBH

7 612 002 007

BNO 881

NAVIGATION 4

4BO 919 887 E

AUZ1Z1B6287747

My A6 has the MMI system fitted, so the screen is already on the car. I have contacted UV Worldwide LTD at Leicester and they claim they can provide me with a loom that can connect this Satnav drive and GPS antenna into the RNS-E system for 125 pound. I have provided them with photographs of the connectors at the back of the drive and they say they can provide a loom to fit, so it sounds quite positive. But have come across companies before making claims that are wrong.

I appreciate dvd drives are much quicker and superior but I'm not that concerned with speed of the system. But can remember having an Audi which was fitted with satnav, and it didnt display a map, it just displayed arrows on the display between the speedometer and tachometer. Which is NOT what I want, i want the system that will provide me with a scrolling map on the built in screen of my MMI system.

Has anybody got any experience of this, is the satnav drive wrong, will it work at all, will it be just a basic arrows on a display type system, has anybody got a CD rom disc (can only find DVD's on ebay) or know where I can acquire one.

Can I thank anybody who can help with advice on this.

Kind Regards

Mark

0 0 0

2. Re: Retrospective Satnav Audi A6 2005 - Help Needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That is the CD drive, for the older arrow only sat nav system, non-MMI.

I'm sure your car would have had the separate DVD drive for the navigation. That wasn't made by Blaupunkt.

I'm confused by your comment that you seem to have an RNS-E, that has the SAT nav drive inbuilt in the unit. Does the display drop down revealing 2 x SD slots and a CD slot, or do you have the fixed display above the air-vents ? ?

If you have the latter, then you need the DVD drive box, which I think is made by AISIN.
    A6 (2007)TDi SE Avant
    Gone but not forgotten - A4 2.5TDi Avant, Imola Yellow S3 , Golf VR6 Highline

0 0 0

3. Re: Retrospective Satnav Audi A6 2005 - Help Needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The RNS-E comment is very confusing!!

If you do indeed have proper MMI with color screen you need the DVD nav to go in the boot.

Try Kufatec.de for the cables, Im sure they aren't as much as £125 from them.

0 0 0

4. Re: Retrospective Satnav Audi A6 2005 - Help Needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gasc2188 View Post
    Can anybody help me with the project on fitting "retrofit" Satnav to my 2005 (54 plate) Audi A6. I have already bought the "Satnav" drive which goes in the boot and have a sneaky suspicion may be the wrong drive. It is the "Navigation 4" type and almost sure its the CD rom based drive and NOT dvd.

On the label it says

Blaupunkt - WERKE GMBH

7 612 002 007

BNO 881

NAVIGATION 4

4BO 919 887 E

AUZ1Z1B6287747

My A6 has the MMI system fitted, so the screen is already on the car. I have contacted UV Worldwide LTD at Leicester and they claim they can provide me with a loom that can connect this Satnav drive and GPS antenna into the RNS-E system for 125 pound. I have provided them with photographs of the connectors at the back of the drive and they say they can provide a loom to fit, so it sounds quite positive. But have come across companies before making claims that are wrong.

I appreciate dvd drives are much quicker and superior but I'm not that concerned with speed of the system. But can remember having an Audi which was fitted with satnav, and it didnt display a map, it just displayed arrows on the display between the speedometer and tachometer. Which is NOT what I want, i want the system that will provide me with a scrolling map on the built in screen of my MMI system.

Has anybody got any experience of this, is the satnav drive wrong, will it work at all, will it be just a basic arrows on a display type system, has anybody got a CD rom disc (can only find DVD's on ebay) or know where I can acquire one.

Can I thank anybody who can help with advice on this.

Kind Regards

Mark
    The retro fit kit costs about £600,re sell what ever you have bought and buy the full kit also you need vag com for coding and adapting the nav.I dont supply parts

0 0 0

5. Re: Retrospective Satnav Audi A6 2005 - Help Needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So you'll fit it for £600 inc labour but you dont supply parts??! lol!!

Therefore £600 for fitting by my calculations?!

Sorry! Just couldn't resist! I might change jobs in the near future!!!

0 0 0

6. Re: Retrospective Satnav Audi A6 2005 - Help Needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Sorry i don't do private jobs .Any way here is a link which explains the job on another site
    http://www.audi-forums.com/c6-forum/...-retrofit.html

0 0 0