Can anybody help me with the project on fitting "retrofit" Satnav to my 2005 (54 plate) Audi A6. I have already bought the "Satnav" drive which goes in the boot and have a sneaky suspicion may be the wrong drive. It is the "Navigation 4" type and almost sure its the CD rom based drive and NOT dvd.

On the label it says

Blaupunkt - WERKE GMBH

7 612 002 007

BNO 881

NAVIGATION 4

4BO 919 887 E

AUZ1Z1B6287747

My A6 has the MMI system fitted, so the screen is already on the car. I have contacted UV Worldwide LTD at Leicester and they claim they can provide me with a loom that can connect this Satnav drive and GPS antenna into the RNS-E system for 125 pound. I have provided them with photographs of the connectors at the back of the drive and they say they can provide a loom to fit, so it sounds quite positive. But have come across companies before making claims that are wrong.

I appreciate dvd drives are much quicker and superior but I'm not that concerned with speed of the system. But can remember having an Audi which was fitted with satnav, and it didnt display a map, it just displayed arrows on the display between the speedometer and tachometer. Which is NOT what I want, i want the system that will provide me with a scrolling map on the built in screen of my MMI system.

Has anybody got any experience of this, is the satnav drive wrong, will it work at all, will it be just a basic arrows on a display type system, has anybody got a CD rom disc (can only find DVD's on ebay) or know where I can acquire one.

Can I thank anybody who can help with advice on this.

Kind Regards

Mark