Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all

Recently bought an 05 A4 and I was looking to install my Pioneer HU. Hoping someone could point me in the right direction on what harness's/adaptors etc I might need?
    Sorry if this has been asked before but after countless hours of reading various forums I think I'm now more confused than when I started
    It's a concert HU which came in car.

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Another noob install question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if your car uses can bus, you may need a can bus adapter or you can get away with a harness that wires up +12 and ground and speakers, that will allow you switch the stereo on and off but thats about it
    2.0 T FSI quattro S-Line

0 0 0

3. Re: Another noob install question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for reply
    How do I find out if car uses can bus??

0 0 0

4. Re: Another noob install question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the chances are the car has can bus, but i have heard depending on options installed the strereo may or may not be wired for can bus, i.e factory telephone kit installed. if you pull out your stereo and look at the the wiring diagram on it, if it gives reference to can high and can low, then you may need can bus adapter to allow for full functiions of your stereo to work i.e power down with ingition , ilumination, speed pulse etc,
    2.0 T FSI quattro S-Line

0 0 0

5. Re: Another noob install question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pulled radio just now and has got can h and L on the wiring diagram. So obviously I need can bus adaptor,now my next daft question! Do I still need to get suitable harness or does the can adaptor fit into new HU,with original wiring going into this? Take it I still need to get aerial adaptor?
    Thanks for taking time to reply,it's appreciated.

0 0 0

6. Re: Another noob install question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    connect 2 do the cheapest can bus adapter, this did not work for me i had to use the can bus stalk adapter instead it comes with a slightly different harness. Also if you have a sub and rear ampilied speakers you will need another harness to add on and also the +12v arial feed. in all u are looking at around £70 . but this i the price you pay for better sound as the original head unit is pants
    2.0 T FSI quattro S-Line

0 0 0

7. Re: Another noob install question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So how will I know if I need the "can bus stalk adapter" or just the normal can bus adaptor. I believe I have a sub and rear amplified speakers. Is this the aerial feed I need? PC5-90 http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Car_Stereo_f...ts/Audi/A4.htm
    Thanks again!!

0 0 0

8. Re: Another noob install question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_p...artno=CTSAD003
    there are a few different ones on this site, i was sent 2 before i got the the right one, but i had to make mods to the harness for the sub and rear amp. but i think there should be the right one out there that meets your needs, discus this with them before hand so you can return it , that looks like the correct aerial feed you may have to wire a pin into the harnes +12 out from the stereo
    2.0 T FSI quattro S-Line

0 0 0