1. a4 soft top vs eos 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    a mate of mine has just recently sold his car and now deciding to go for the 1.8t a4 convertible or the 2.0t eos. he has read up about a few issues on the eos and the leaking but it is cheaper to buy and insure than the a4! can people put their reviews on the cars, good points, bad points anything please!

cheers,

matt

0 0 0

2. Re: a4 soft top vs eos 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Matt, we went through the same process of A4 Vs Eos and in the end decided on a 2.0t Sport EOS - it was miles in front to of the Audi in all the areas important to us. I also had an A6 at the time, so was well used to Audi build quality but the Eos is a match.

Main decider was the 5 piece hardtop (only one in the market) versus only a soft top on the Audi. It looks so much better than all of the other tin-tops, even the new BMW. It's also much more exclusive and trade-in valued seemed to be holding up until recently. Don't know what your parking arrangements are, but I wouldn't leave a ragtop outside, not just because of the ease of theft but the effect the bad weather has on the roof. It makes my teeth itch to see convertibles with 4" of snow on top.

Don't worry too much about the leaky roof problem. There was a re-design (early 2007 IIRC) so cars made after then should be okay. The 2.0t is the same engine as in my GTI but the tune seems different so it is much more relaxing to drive but still goes like stink when you want it to. There is a bit of scuttle shake as on all convertibles but you only notice it on seriously bad roads. Glad to see you are looking at a petrol engine, diesels are just plain wrong in a drop top.

Pick colour carefully, sliver and red don't seem to look right on an Eos but all of the blues look great. Leather is a must have. If buying new be careful to shop around dealers. Many will tell you that Eos supply is tight so discounts are poor/non-existant but others will roll over and give you a good deal, especially in the current climate.
    Driving - Shiny new E350 Estate.. Just Arrived - Aggh! a C-Max. What have I done?
    Just Gone - 2008 Passat 2.0CR TDi DSG Estate + toys, 2007 Golf GTI

Once, cars were simple and I was smart. Now things are the other way around.

0 0 0