Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Heater Matrix leaked, Radweld recommended or not??

1. Heater Matrix leaked, Radweld recommended or not?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello,

im afraid my heater matrix has leaked. i recently replaced the coolent in my radiator as the old owner ran the car on water. Now when i switch my heater on i get steam coming out of the air vents and the car smells of coolant + windows mist up.

I have got a bottle of radweld sitting on my table. before pouring it in i would like to ask you whether anyone here has used it to cure the heater matrix.

Please tell me what you think abt the product and dont hesitate to recommend any other product specially built for, or compatible with heater matrix.

Thankyou

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    dont think about it.... Radweld was good back in the old day... The problem you have is Radweld tends to knacker the water pumps and you are only hiding the problem.. it will leak again... I bet radweld will only last a week or too...

Your best bet... replace the matrix..

RiCKT

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Cheers, makes sense

Radweld can now be found in the bin outside my house. :-)

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    LOL Radweld... should be banned, not really got a place nowadays... you'd be better of taking your pants, pulling them down and doing the good deed into your system instead LOL

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Lol @ eshrules, cheers for the review.

I have decided to replace the heater matrix. Today i stripped the center console and i can see the black box in which the matrix is located. To get that box or the matrix out, Do i need to take the dash off including the steering wheel ?????

If no then a brief guide would be appreciated. if yes, then its going to be a long day tommorrow.

Another question, for £50 basically a full tank im getting 460 miles out of it in a 1.9TDI 1997 with 130,000 on the clock. Is this normal??

In my little 306 1.6 8vXS i get 370 out from a full tank which costs £45 to fill up and its a lot more fun to drive AND a lot faster. So im thinking whether its worth keeping this diesel

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    City or motorway miles??

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    A road miles, with a bit of city to get to the university.

Any idea on the question below:

"Today i stripped the center console and i can see the black box in which the matrix is located. To get that box or the matrix out, Do i need to take the dash off including the steering wheel ?????"

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    tdi - you should definitely be getting more mpg than that - check your coolant temp sensor - this can sometimes caus excessive diesel usage if its gone - not sure how to replace heater matrix - sorry! ( i do know that in a 89 toyota starlet i had some years back i had to remove the dash to get at it )

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    coolant thermostat is new, had it replaced as it abt 3 weeks ago and it seems to be working fine as well. :-(

0 0 0