1. VW MK5 Golf door trim removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can anyone help me? I have a annoying speaker rattle in my passenger 3 door MK5 golf gti and I want to remove the door trim to inspect things.

Can anyone give me any guidence on how to remove the trim without damaging anything.

Thanks

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewboy View Post
    Can anyone help me? I have a annoying speaker rattle in my passenger 3 door MK5 golf gti and I want to remove the door trim to inspect things.

Can anyone give me any guidence on how to remove the trim without damaging anything.

Thanks
    LOL with a great deal of care and attention, unless the mk5 has 'special' fixings, it should just be a case of unscrewing all fixing screws and then gently prising the door card away, taking care not to break any of the retaining clips

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 0 0

4. Re: VW MK5 Golf door trim removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    isnt there a 'how to' remove door card mark v? Im in need of help with this also.

0 0 0

5. Re: VW MK5 Golf door trim removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbsy View Post
    isnt there a 'how to' remove door card mark v? Im in need of help with this also.
    Get Haynes manual

but if you can't afford £15, then you need to remove the 3 screws along the bottom edge, then the one next to the tweeter, prise apart the pull handle and remove 2 torx bolts. then starting at the bottom using a trim release tool, pull the card away. once release around the edges you can pull the card up and detach speaker wires and winder buttons

I have done this and the £10 release too from halfords is handy along with the Haynes manual

PS put extra tape around the metal parts of the tool to stop any unwanted scratches

VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0T 2015 - Awesome snow churning 4x4 GTI 😉

0 0 0

6. Re: VW MK5 Golf door trim removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    onzarob cheers for speedy reply. I have took off the screws as you say but the door handle!! I have stuck a screw driver along the seam but it doesnt want to part? I dont want to give it too much welly incase I do some damage! Im heading out to the car now & will take the laptop out as well incase you want to give running comentary on how to remove door card. LOL

got the door pull split, way hay now for the rest!!

0 0 0

7. Re: VW MK5 Golf door trim removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    door skin off. where would the sensor for the door lock be??

0 0 0

8. Re: VW MK5 Golf door trim removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbsy View Post
    door skin off. where would the sensor for the door lock be??
    You should of asked that first!!!!!

The switch is in the the locking mechanism as far as I know. To remove the lock, you need to remove the outdoor skin!!!

Yes you read that right, the door skin it bolted to the door frame and you needed to remove it to get at the lock or the winder mechanism.

Its held in by about 10+ bolts of different lengths...if your going to do it you need to buy a Haynes as it will make more sense.

One last point, the lock unit is sealed as its in the wet part of the door and I suspect unserviceable.
    Last edited by onzarob; 27-08-2009 at 04:45 PM.

VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0T 2015 - Awesome snow churning 4x4 GTI 😉

0 0 0