1. service history 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi jus bought a passat with no history been told by vw it was last serviced at 60k, any1 know if i could get service history book from dealers with the stamps upto 60k???????

how much would it cost??
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as far as i know,

yes you can get a new service book from dealer, and yes they can re stamp it for you, but they will charge you for the book and they may charge for re stamping it, you may have to travel to all the VW garages it was stamped it,
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    for example... A service book from Audio costs £19, and Audi stamped all the ones which were on their UK syste, for him Free of charge.... (aying that... it was Audi that lost it!! but they did not own up to that...

You best to enquire at your local dealer..

RicKT

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    any idea how much 1 stamp would cost?
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    for example... A service book from Audio costs £19, and Audi stamped all the ones which were on their UK syste, for him Free of charge.... (aying that... it was Audi that lost it!! but they did not own up to that...

You best to enquire at your local dealer..

RicKT
    as RickT said, ideally youll have to get in touch with your main dealer, each dealer has its own price, some may even do it for free if you sweet talk them and they're a nice bunch

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When I bought my Passat the service book had been lost so the history was recovered complete with stamps free of charge by the man I bought the car off.
    You can also get a printout of the history with dealer codes which he did to prove the service history was true.
    VW Passat 2.3 V5
    RK 500 with Serious Performance
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I brought a car which was advertised with history (a Passat a few years ago) but the dealer then lost the service book. I phoned the previous owner when i got the V5 back and he told me where it had all been done. Brought a new book pack off ebay and then phoned both garages that had serviced the car.

They were more than happy to stamp it all up for me and give me print outs, any garage that charges for stamps is taking the p**s! All it took was a hours drive to visit them and job done...
    0 0 0