Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello everyone,
    I have MK 4 Golf 1.6auto, T registration, AEH engine 90k miles.
    Few months ago some problems stated to emerge and gradually they got worst:
    1. Oil leak
    2. Unstable idle revs on the warm engine (after 20-30min drive). In idle mode revs are dropping to 6000and get beck to 8000.
    3. Car got stalled several times while stopping at the traffic light or in a traffic queue.
    4. Average fuel consumption is 24mpg which is very poor.
    5. Sometimes, after stopping car appears to be “blocked” in place, so I accelerate more than usual and it jumps forward heretically.
    6. On the cold engine when revs are not playing up, break pedal appears firmer (and works better) than on the warm engine.

I am planning to clean throttle body, clean all the hoses in and out, and change Air Mass Metter and Air Filter.
    I know from this forum that throttle body and car computer to be reset to basic settings after all cleaning is done. Can anyone tell me how to reset this staff? How can I obtain faulty codes from the car?

Any ideas and help would be much appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: reset to basic settings 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Are you in the UK ?

If so, look in the vagcom subforum for a list of people on here who could help you. There may be someone near you who could carry out a fault code scan and carry out the electronic throtle body alignment (basic settings).

As for the rest of it, it sounds like you have things quite well covered, however I'd suggest that you clean and get the throttle body aligned before you go ahead and purchase a MAF etc.

Also carefullly look at the small bore vacumm lines scattered around the engine as it sounds like you may have a vacuum leek.

1 0 0

3. Re: reset to basic settings 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for reply, I did clean hoses and TB, oil was everywere, I have kept old Air Mass Meter, tryied car for a short test ride. before I had low idle revs and car kept stalling, now revs are actually higher than it shoud be, it is around 15000. is it Air Mass Meter? how check it for fault?

I located the connection plug for Vag Com, where is the best place to get cable and software?
    I'll have longer journey tomorrow and lets see if car will reset idle revs by itself.

0 0 0

4. Re: reset to basic settings 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Are you in the UK ?

As above, if so, look in the vagcom subforum.

0 0 0

5. Re: reset to basic settings 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My post code is WD6, is anyone nearby with VAG-CAM cable to help me?

0 0 0

6. Re: reset to basic settings 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MK4 auto View Post
    My post code is WD6, is anyone nearby with VAG-CAM cable to help me?
    Look here

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=5319

0 0 0

7. Re: reset to basic settings 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
    Hi BigCol

I could not get hold of VAGcom cable from others and I am planing to buy one. I had a quick look online and found few suppliers. there was difference between prices is there different quality cables on the marcket or any of them do the same job?

Thanks MK4 Auto

0 0 0