1. Climate Control Too Hot 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, new here and with a query that I hope someone could help me with.
    I have a 1997 A6 2.5 tdi avant. The trouble is that the ac unit blows too hot. When I request HI setting, I don't get any air coming through the vents!

I hooked up VAG COM and got the following DTC.

01271 positioning motor for temperature flap v68
    41-00-blocked or no voltage

Now, I am not sure how to get to this motor. Has anyone else done so? Any ideas? Thanks. Andrew.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    just to confirm its a motor on a flap which has failed....

Sometimes you can get to them from the bottom up depending which flap it is..

I will do some digging

RiCKT

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi ,
    thanks for the reply. I have just reinstalled the blower unit back into the car. 4 hours in all (although the last 2 were with a torch). It is quite a fiddly job. I removed the temp reg flap motor and took it appart to sand some bits and bobs.

Having reinstalled everything, it appears that the motor is working fine since the arms for moving the flap now move (they didn't before) and the Lo setting produced cold air. However I have not taken it for a test drive yet. I hope it has cured it.

the motors for the climate system are all 7v, which makes it a pain in applying voltage on the bench for testing purposes.

The temperature control flap motor (v68) is located in the blower assembly (LHS) on UK spec car when sat in the car. You have to take the centre console out and disconnect the ducts and cabling inside the car before disconnecting the blower unit from the coolant hoses and other wires etc. Also, the whole wiper assembly requires removal. Then you can pull the whole blower out. It is big, and it leaves the bulkhead wide open to water ingress inside the car so beware.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Im glad to see you are back on the road with cold air for the remaining winter months!!

Cheers

RicKT

0 0 0