1. 98 1.8T Induction Choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok so im looking at doing a couple of upgrades to my 1.8T.

Firstly, an induction kit. I have done some searching on the forum and got mixed opinions. I would definitely go for a full kit rather than just a panel filter.

At the moment im liking the sound of getting one from BMC. Opinions please?

Secondly, I want to upgrade the DV from the standard plasticy one.

I understand that a forge recirc is good, but I want something with a bit more grunt. Its not to everyones taste but I want a fairly loud DV.

I have been looking at Baileys. Opinions on these? Are they compatible?

Cheers,

James
    0 0 0

2. Re: 98 1.8T Induction Choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

yeah ive heard loads of good things about the BMC systems. Lots of people recommend not getting an induction kit at all as it can throw up loads of error codes - but i havent come across anything bad about the BMC systems.

I have fitted a forge splitter DV on my 1.8T. Trouble is these engines use a re-circulating Bosch valve which pumps back into the airbox and is monitored by a sensor, so I wouldnt recommend getting a totally atmospheric valve which makes a massive "woosh" noise. I understand what you mean by wanting a bit more grunt - as far as i know the forge splitter is going to be your best bet as it splits half the air back into the air box (keeping the ECU happy and not throwing up any error codes) plus you can hear a little "pssssht" when lifting off the throttle. I find this noise is more noticeable when you first start the car up in the morning and im sure is a little bit louder outside the car rather than inside as it does turn heads!

Keep us updated on the progress!

Good luck
    0 0 0

3. Re: 98 1.8T Induction Choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply.

Think im definitely going to go for a bmc.

I will look into the forge as I have had a few people tell me getting an atmospheric is not a good idea!

Cheers,

James
    0 0 0

4. Re: 98 1.8T Induction Choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you want sound advice from people who know what they are talking about, talk to the guys at awesome gti.. dont know where you live but they are in irlam in manchester, failing that they have a website.. Really helpfull advice! Oh and this isnt a plug.. im talking from experience haha! I was told induction kits werent needed (on my S3 anyway), the stock airbox n watnot was good for upto 600bhp.. not that many would reach that staggering amount but hey, good to know, rather than splashin out loadsa cash!
    Quattro Baby
    0 0 0

5. Re: 98 1.8T Induction Choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Don’t fit an induction kit, they really upset the AMM (MAF), fit a K&N panel filter and fit an APR R1 cut off valve but they are very quiet, they make less noise than the original. In my experience aftermarket cut off valves cause a lot of trouble.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: 98 1.8T Induction Choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats good advice and could have a bit of dosh too!

My mates got a Ibiza 1.8T and he's using a BMC induction kit and a ecotek valve, but it sounds crazy... you can hear like a fluttering noise. I know that the ecotek valves make some noise but he said its amplified by the BMC??? Also the BMC can amplify the noise of a dump valve? Any truth in this or is it all crap?
    0 0 0

7. Re: 98 1.8T Induction Choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    bmc k 'n' n and pipercross are all very good and so a green, they all do sealed kits so you only get cold air into system, i like pipercross cos they are foam and are a lot more easy to clean. performance wise there is nothin noticeable between em all. and they are all around the same sort of price figure. ive also heard good things about the carbonio filter too. and i think carbonio filters look a lot nicer too.
    0 0 0