1. Exclamation Oil level sensor fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I have a my 03 passat tdi with on oil warning message,I have checked the wiring down to the sensor and have the following readings
    Pin1 Battery voltage
    Pin2 Ground
    Pin3 10v?
    I thought all of these readings where ok so assumed the fault was with the level sensor,I replaced this component and no change?Is there any known wiring issues with this fault or is it a control issue?If anyone has a wiring diagram and the necessary information it would be gratefully appreciated.Thank You

0 0 0

2. Re: Oil level sensor fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Try disconnecting the battery for about 10 seconds from memory as I think this clears an error. I had to do this after replacing my oil level sensor and it worked for me.

If 10 seconds doesn't work try 30 seconds, sorry I can't remember the exact time, I don;t think it is very important.

Cheers Ben.

1 0 0

3. Re: Oil level sensor fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    make sure the bonnet catch is not broken or the wiring to it,we had a service bulletin from bosch regarding this problem and we have had 2 passats with this fault.1 a broken bonnet contact the other a broken wire near the rad fan ......

1 0 0

4. Re: Oil level sensor fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys i will try both of these thoughts,where does this wiring route?Is it wired direcvtly to engine management or a different system?

0 0 0

5. Re: Oil level sensor fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wired into alarm module in dash,but break where i have said (normally)!

1 0 0

6. Re: Oil level sensor fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks very much for your help guys assed the wiring found to be ok,disconnected the battery,this has done the trick,a technical clitch somewhere or just resetting the ecu s? Any way problem sorted !Cheers

0 0 0

7. Re: Oil level sensor fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Here we are almost ten years on from the original post!

I had the self same issue today, coming home from work. Oil light flashed on amber ( 02 Passat b5 1.9tdi ) and my heart sank! it stayed on all the way home... Checked oil level asap, almost at the bottom of the stick, topped up to the top of the stamped recess, turn ignition on, amber oil light still there with audible warning? Checked level again, took car for a spin, got back to base light still on amber...... Scratched head, read this thread, disconnected battery for one minute, job done I Thank you.........

0 0 0

8. Re: Oil level sensor fault 
    From - Walney Island, Cumbria, Live in: Larkhill, Wiltshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BLASTER View Post
    Here we are almost ten years on from the original post!

I had the self same issue today, coming home from work. Oil light flashed on amber ( 02 Passat b5 1.9tdi ) and my heart sank! it stayed on all the way home... Checked oil level asap, almost at the bottom of the stick, topped up to the top of the stamped recess, turn ignition on, amber oil light still there with audible warning? Checked level again, took car for a spin, got back to base light still on amber...... Scratched head, read this thread, disconnected battery for one minute, job done I Thank you.........

The easier option next time is disconnect the bonnet switch cable from the latch and then plug it back in. It’s likely your switch isn’t working and the ECU won’t reset the fault unless it sees the bonnet was opened.

54 Passat Wagon PD175
    99’ Audi S4 Avant 2.7 QTO

0 0 0