1. Blue Motion vs Standard Cars 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, just been reading a few views on the bluemotion VWs and was wondering for example Golf Bluemotion vs 1.9tdi standard Golf or Blue Passat vs 1.9tdi Passat? You get the idea.

1. Mpg? Whats the difference?
    2. Price? Do you pay a premium for a Bluemotion?
    3. Driving experience? Any loss or gain?
    I know about the car tax advantages, and the technical differences, but the question I'm asking are they worth it?

From the point of veiw of the environment, of course they are worth it but in the "current climate" (just love saying that) its the pennies that count.

0 0 0

2. Re: Blue Motion vs Standard Cars 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All i can say is i would never buy one myself i have seen loads of Passat Bluemotions and nobody ever looks happy driving one. I think the Passat and Golf Bluemotion have the same engine and i think its 90bhp. I believe there is a small premium over a normal TDI. Top Gear showed the use of Bluemotion with a Polo which would of done over 900 miles on a tank. So this shows they are really green unlike other 'Green' cars such as the Prius.

0 0 0

3. Re: Blue Motion vs Standard Cars 
    Great Dunmow (near Stansted Airport), Essex
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    That Top Gear was brilliant!
    Although, I believe there is a premium to pay and it would take a number of years of driving frugally to make back that initial premium.

1990 Black MKII Golf 1.8 GL. Otherwise known as 'Gumpert' Rampant "Rabbit"

2011 Rosso Brunello Skoda Superb Estate Elegance 1.6 CR Greenline. Otherwise known as 'Sue'
    1988 Tornado Red MKII Golf 1.8 16valve GTI. Otherwise known as 'Hollie' - Project

0 0 0

4. Re: Blue Motion vs Standard Cars 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We looked at a Bluemotion Golf before the GT Sport and got put off by the different tyres that you have to buy can not remember what they are called. I tried doing a search for a price and could not find so thought I would stick with what I know.

0 0 0

5. Re: Blue Motion vs Standard Cars 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andy8442 View Post
    Hello, just been reading a few views on the bluemotion VWs and was wondering for example Golf Bluemotion vs 1.9tdi standard Golf or Blue Passat vs 1.9tdi Passat? You get the idea.

1. Mpg? Whats the difference?
    2. Price? Do you pay a premium for a Bluemotion?
    3. Driving experience? Any loss or gain?
    I know about the car tax advantages, and the technical differences, but the question I'm asking are they worth it?

From the point of veiw of the environment, of course they are worth it but in the "current climate" (just love saying that) its the pennies that count.
    I have a1.9 tdi b6 passat est..with the sports package(17" sport wheels ,lower shocks,tinted windows,fog lights £1000 option) so it sits lower as the bluemotion but looks better.. I get 49/52mpg and its not a bluemotion..but if vw fitted the six speed box from the 2.0 into the std 1.9tdi with the sport pack..not the five speed gearbox at present it would give better mpg than the higher geared 5 speed box fitted in the bluemotion...but I may be wrong...
    Going to changing it soon to a 2.0tdi because at motorway speeds only where I spend most of my time they give better mpg than the standard 1.9tdi and better returns when selling on. worth the extra £1400 odd for the bluemotiion..I dont think so..
    BMW X1 Lowered with 20" black rims & Bluemotion Passat estate Audi A3 Cab S- line 1.6 D
    VW Sharan highline xenon leds cornering lights 17" Jarama alloys 170 2.0 D DSG
    BMW s1000RR track bike KTM RC8 road bike
    Two... sorry now.... Three Miniature Dachshunds.... Have you seen my weiner

0 0 0