1. Turbo/vac line troubles 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    okay ive recently fitted a new turbo and all was well,it was boosting fine,since i fitted it a few weeks ago. The other day on the motorway i lost power but with no warning lights atall. the car starts and drives fine but with no turbo coming in ,i immediately changed the N-75 and when i pulled off the braided line on the opposite end to the electrical plug it emitted a loud hiss.With the new valve on my cars turbo is still not working.Ive checked the vac lines and all seem okay. Does anyone have any advice or tests i can do to try and fix this myself. Oh also when i start the car the actuator rod does not move and i think its supposed to. Thanks guys

0 0 0

2. Re: Turbo/vac line troubles 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Any fault codes ? I suspect an incorect pump timing and/or a faulty MAF or boost/thrust sensor. I had the same fault with me own car, had the pump recconditioned and the basic settings were a bit out as i could not get the pump runing in the optimum timing window. Turned out that the sprocket on the pulley moved a little and i had to drill the adjusting sprocket a few mm more to be able to set the timing right. Running well ever since ! Thats what a friday afternoon job will do...I did spent an awfull lot of time and money getting the car running right and i am quite fussy about me cars !

0 0 0

3. Re: Turbo/vac line troubles 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    when you say pump ,do you mean the exhaust pump? i am thinking of replacing the charge air pressure sender G31. Could this pherhaps be causing the problem? unfortunately i havent got vag com and didnt fancy giving 60 or 70 quid to a garage . But if it is the pump or timing i fear i would have to get a garage to sort it.Im just scared il get ripped off! Its a shame you are down in London. Thanks for the response ,especially seen as its christmas .

0 0 0

4. Re: Turbo/vac line troubles 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willster View Post
    when you say pump ,do you mean the exhaust pump? i am thinking of replacing the charge air pressure sender G31. Could this pherhaps be causing the problem? unfortunately i havent got vag com and didnt fancy giving 60 or 70 quid to a garage . But if it is the pump or timing i fear i would have to get a garage to sort it.Im just scared il get ripped off! Its a shame you are down in London. Thanks for the response ,especially seen as its christmas .
    I meant the diesel injection pump a.k.a. Bosch VP 44. You are stabbing in the dark without a diagnostic scan as there are soo many factors wich will/could trigger a "limp home" mode !

0 0 0

5. Re: Turbo/vac line troubles 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah your right,i will have to book it in, im not sure if it is definately limp mode,would that not bring a dash warning light up? it just seems the turbo isnt boosting. I shall post up the results when i can get it read. Cheers adamss24

0 0 0

6. Re: Turbo/vac line troubles 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    okay i got my car read and it was showing manifold pressure to high. the guy actualy read it for me for free at Audi in the car park! he said it could be a number of things.Not exactly sure where to go from here, ive checked the vaclines maticiously .think my next move is to fit my old turbo(working) back on and see if that sorts it, i suspect the turbo,the new one i got is genuine garret replacement but mabye thats faulty ,pherhaps the settings or vanes on it causing the overboost. Does anyone have any ideas? cheers ,god ,i really need this to be a cheap sensor!

0 0 0