Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Remote not working?

1. Remote not working? 
    kevanf1 Guest
    Hi everybody.

I'm diving in with a rather perplexing problem. My son owns (but I am restoring after a bump) a Mk 3 Golf 1.6CL model. It's a 1998 spec. Quite simply the remote on the key does nothing. I've done the obvious and replaced the battery with a known good one... still doesn't work So, what I would like to know is does anybody know where the actual sensor unit is situated in the vehicle? Central locking etc all work so I'm assuming it is either the sender in the key itself or it is the receiver at the magic box inside the car.

Any and all suggestion as to how to rectify this irritating problem will be very gratefully received

Oh, other than the above problem it's actually quite a pleasant car to drive.

Thank you.

Kevan

0 0 0

2. Re: Remote not working? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my understanding is that this car doesnt come with a factory remote c l . if its a big button with the vw badge on it then it is for the little led to help locate the keyhole in the dark. if you open the key and there isnt anything in it except the battery and led then your car isnt remote cl..

0 0 0

3. Re: Remote not working? 
    kevanf1 Guest
    Ah, that could well be the case then. I'm so used to newer cars having a remote operated locking system that I automatically assumed this was the case

It certainly makes my life easier now in getting the vehicle back in shape Hopefully it will be MoT'd in the next week or two and then it can be put up for sale. Very nice car too it starts beautifully every time before the key has even hit the stop even in the cold weather we've recently had. Yet, it only gets fired up about once a week. I do have one of those wonderful solar powered trickle chargers keeping the battery topped up though.

Thank you for that answer, it's a real help.

Kevan

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Question Remote door key not working ???
    By saty in forum Golf MK4 - 1999 - 2004
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-11-2008, 02:28 PM
  2. Remote not working
    By Paul R S in forum Audi A3 - Archive Topics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 08:07 PM
  3. Please Help Spare remote key not working
    By sattie_c in forum Touran - Sharan - Caravelle
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-09-2008, 09:09 AM
  4. Can anyone help - remote central not working