Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I would look at getting a top end spec Passat... or a decent A4..

After driving both i would go for the Audi.. purley due to the status and nicer in tocuh drive..

If its spec and vaule you money... the Passat is the winner.... if you want to stand out a bit more... go for the Audi..

Best bet... get out there doing some test drives..

Rick

0 0 0

2. Re: what decision would you make? Audi A4 2.0 TDI or VW Passat 2.0 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    like for like, if I had £7k to spend, I'd be getting a nice highline passat 130, a gorgeous mile muncher and a lot of car for your money.

Audi's have an artificial price premium, much like the VW golf, when IMHO, the passat is a superior car. You've also got the benefit of not looking like every other rep on the road LOL.

0 0 0

3. Re: what decision would you make? Audi A4 2.0 TDI or VW Passat 2.0 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andy8442 View Post
    Go for the VW. You'll get more for your money, spec and space. If you are looking for the badge, Audi's particulary A4's, are getting abit of a reputation! So beware. Unless you were a BMW driver.......Whatever they are both quality cars, just make sure the belts been changed.
    Ha ha its Top Gear giving the Audi drivers a bad name... I went from a 5 Series to a Passat and to be honest I prefer my Passat!
    2017 Audi A5 (B9) Coupe 2.0 TDI S-Line Quattro S Tronic

0 0 0

4. Re: what decision would you make? Audi A4 2.0 TDI or VW Passat 2.0 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    with myself having an older passat, i'd obviously be biased towards a passat as il ooked at both when looking for a new car, the a4's werent as high spec for the money and in my opinion every rep and his dog has an a4 and i wanted to be a bit different, there were millions of a4's when i was looking but all were high mile part serviced with dents everywhere. there were quite a few very well looked after passats when i was after mine but chanced across mine 10 miles from home.
    Subaru broken, sold, Silver Seat Leon Cupra 180 '02' no cupra badge?

0 0 0

5. Re: what decision would you make? Audi A4 2.0 TDI or VW Passat 2.0 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I just been looking on Autotrader and I cant find a really nice A4 for 7k with a half decent amount of milage on the clock... There are loads of top end Passat's for that price though.

I think what Rick suggested would be the best though, go for some test drives and have a feel of what you prefer
    2017 Audi A5 (B9) Coupe 2.0 TDI S-Line Quattro S Tronic

0 0 0

6. Re: what decision would you make? Audi A4 2.0 TDI or VW Passat 2.0 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thx for all the help so far guys - lets keep it comming as im still yet to make a decision - the passat looks tempting as the audis have really high milage but lets see what happens.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12