1. Low Battery Warning! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To my astonishment yesterday when I started the car, a big flashing warning appeared in my centre display

"Warning Low Battery Level - Battery will charge when you drive" or words to that effect.

I'm sure someone posted something similar a while back and with travelling in the dark most of the time now, has anyone else had this problem?

I noticed it has stopped putting on the interior lights when I open the doors however it doesn't look to be trying to save energy elsewhere.

Quite concerning really seen as though I've only done 12,000 miles

Unless this is just the norm with modern cars and technology? Surely all cars re charge their batteries when you drive - even that I do know!

Anyway, after a good few miles yesterday and today it's still doing it.

0 0 0

2. Re: Low Battery Warning! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Would you believe it I came on here to ask the same question as I got that warning over the weekend too. Am not doing very much driving at the moment maybe 6 miles per day so I assumed that was the reason. I read up the manual and if the warning goes off straight away then it seems your fine.

Maybe someone else can shed some light on it.

0 0 0

3. Re: Low Battery Warning! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The voltage provided by a lead acid battery will reduce when the ambient temperature is low (around or below 0 Celsius). Starting a car engine requires a large current and will also depress that battery voltage further. If the alert only happens during starting of the engine then there is not much to worry about especially if the alert doesn't happen during milder weather. It could be an indication that battery is on the way out though.
    Short journeys may not give time for the battery to fully recharge.

0 0 0

4. Re: Low Battery Warning! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I received something similar the other day. I was waiting to collect someone, so had driven from work, and had switched off the engine, but left the radio on. Dashboard was still lit up, and then the display turned red, said something about a weak battery, and the system would shutdown shortly.

Sure enough, 5 mins later it did. Now normally when the radio goes off after 10 mins or so, just pressing the button turns it back on, but not this time, dead.

Anyway, I turned the ignition on, and back off, and hey presto radio. No warning then or since. Of course I risked the engine not starting, but couldn't believe it was telling the truth. Had a hill behind me, so bump start was an option

Cheers

0 0 0

5. Re: Low Battery Warning! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    There is currently a workshop action for the battery and battery manager update in some cases depending on production date the battery is replaced so ring your local audi dealer and ask them to check for any outstanding campaigns for you b8 a4.

0 0 0

6. Re: Low Battery Warning! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a8 tech View Post
    There is currently a workshop action for the battery and battery manager update in some cases depending on production date the battery is replaced so ring your local audi dealer and ask them to check for any outstanding campaigns for you b8 a4.

+1

Had this problem recently, but after it went in for the software update (they also replaced a spare part as well), the problem has gone.

0 0 0

7. Re: Low Battery Warning! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks everyone - interesting!

This morning I had a new one - Light Malfunction!

It's dropping to bits!

0 0 0

8. Re: Low Battery Warning! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm having the same problem - car has only done 3000 miles and even though I drove the car for 10 miles - this was not enough to get rid of the low battery warning - seems to have got worse during the cold spell. This warning light does not fill me with confidence about the car's ability to start. What if I had a passenger in the car (whilst stationary) who put the light and radio on? - what would happen then!

0 0 0

9. Re: Low Battery Warning! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    refer to dealer for workshop recall
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

0 0 0

10. Re: Low Battery Warning! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just had a call from my Dealer saying that there's a recall on my car (A4 2.7TDi) to check out the power supply. It all sounded a bit vague, something about it may need a new battery? Anyway it's booked in for next week.

Ironic as I just took it back to the Dealer to look at the blower which didn't work yesterday morning, which was a real pain. Tried switching off engine and starting it again to see it was a glitch in any software but still had the problem. Arranged to have them have a quick look at it in the afternoon and of course it was then back working again! I'll have to use my camcorder to record the problem next time.

1 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast