Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi v6dub,

That is not just a shine mate!

It is clearcoat that has been decontaminated of 7 years of chemical and physical imperfections. The work has removed these defects permanently as long as it is looked after. As long as this is the case it will continue to glow wet and not just shine. I've had shiny cars in my life but my own A4 and this TT are the first I've made to glow. The final layer is quite durable and as I add a layer say every 4-6 weeks after washing I will continue to get this. I like the washing and occasional waxing as I control the level of protection. It's what gives the glow as well. All cars will get swirl scratches over time and mines will be removed say every 9 months.

Looking after the car is an ongoing process regardless of what you have on your clearcoat, it's a bad world out there for our cars. Also, no product out there will last say five years or a lifetime. No product is that good yet there are some on the market that continue to give the impression that they do. I make the look last that long, not a chemical product.

The 'pros', do you mean dealers? Audi dealers anyway, don't know about volks ones, don't normally have bodyshop facilities they only have valeting options which means someone applies the products by hand. I've witnessed many occasions where it has not been done well, in fact pretty poorly actually. Even new RS4s are sitting in showrooms with swirl marks on them. Personally, I'm not going to pay any of them £300 to apply a series of products when it can be done yourself. Also, they like to use products that have masking properties since they don't have the facilities, will, or time to remove defects from your clearcoat. The only person that has the will to do that is you the proud owner.

Also, with the wax option, the depth and richness of colour is much better IMO than what you can get from acrylic sealants on their own. I suppose everyone's got their own ways to go on decorating and protecting their car, but these are my reasons for wanting to keep a permanent glow, and shine into the bargain.

Good luck with the AG stuff mate.

Cheers.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    try auto glym paint renavator polish then buff of with auto glym super resin polish. i think you will find this works a treat.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmark5 View Post
    try auto glym paint renavator polish then buff of with auto glym super resin polish. i think you will find this works a treat.
    i thought SRP was only generally used as a sealant? for maximum protection, ideally a wax should be used on top?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes it is but you can put a coat of ultra deep gloss on top the result is fantastic i use the stuff on my golf tdi every 6 weeks no end of people coment on it.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eshrules View Post
    i thought SRP was only generally used as a sealant? for maximum protection, ideally a wax should be used on top?
    Qaulity sealants can give extra durability compared to a wax, depending on the products of course. They don't evaporate as quickly as some waxes. And some sealants with petroleum distillate solvents in them shouldn't be topped with wax as hazing can occur resulting in a waste in time and money. I sometime smell the new car balm and wax that I have for example that is sold by Audi delaerships and the smell stinks of dodgy solvents. Now why? These products have a very limited use. They don't need to contain these ingredients! They just don't.

Very much an area of personal taste otherwise, or financial position, or where you look for possible products. Halfords tends to be handy, as does going into a dealership, but they like to let people think that there's only one real finishing product that is suitable for your vehicle. I know both are very resistant to other product manufacturers as they treat their customers as imbeciles because it's about selling 'units' of product and they are fearful of stocking other products beacause their customers haven't heard of them. It's a bit like a shop only selling the Sun and the Mirror and nothing else because their customers will never read anything else. They might communicate some aspect of the daily news but fail to communicate the wider issues and points of view. A bit insulting really.

Have a peaceful Sunday!
    0 0 0

6. Re: Whats the best polish to use? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123