1. Tyre pressure monitoring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Checked my tyres last night. Most of them were where they should be but one of them had dropped from 36 to 33. I was a little disappointed that the tyre pressure monitor hadn't told me about this 10% drop.

So, my question is what sensitivity should I expect from the system? How far does the tyre pressure have to drop for it to tell me?

I was already a bit miffed when I discovered (just after ordering ) that it didn't actually monitor your pressures, just the wheel circumference. It now seems that basically all it does is tell me if I have a flat.
    Audi A4 (B9) Avant 3.0 TDI (272) Quattro with lots of toys

0 0 0

2. Re: Tyre pressure monitoring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    thats not so good as the whole point is to tell you when maintenance is needed before it becomes a problem.
    I had assummed that once the original pressures were recorded via the MMI it would indicate any drop from that pressure but from what you say perhaps not??
    Must admit my previous car (Peugeot 407)had the monitors and they were superb giving two warnings, one for a slow reduction in pressure and the other for a puncture with graphics etc.
    Thats what made me go for the option on the A4, although I have yet to see it operate (hope that it never does of course!!)
    Interesting to see others experience of it operating
    Roger

0 0 0

3. Re: Tyre pressure monitoring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes that is my understanding as well - it just tells you if its going/gone flat - i was looking forward to a nice display showing 4 wheels and their pressures

0 0 0

4. Re: Tyre pressure monitoring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great dissapointment this! Luckily I found out how rubbish it was so didn't bother to get it.
    Glacier White B8 Black Edition 2.0T Fsi quattro stronic - Advanced Key, Nappa Leather, Electric Folding Mirrors, Interior Light pack

0 0 0

5. Re: Tyre pressure monitoring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think it's useless, the system warned me when I had a puncture (the tyre still looked inflated).

It could save a nasty high speed blowout - not bad for the cost.

I think the tyre pressure monitoring could be turned on for free using Vag Com.

0 0 0

6. Re: Tyre pressure monitoring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Airgun,
    perghaps not a waste of money, you have made me feel better .
    Does it give low tyre pressure warning and identify the tyre or just give a straight puncture graphic for one of the wheels?
    Roger

0 0 0

7. Re: Tyre pressure monitoring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    RD1, when I had the puncture it told me to check the pressure in the specific wheel.

I think for the cost everyone should go for it, I check my tyres at least once a week but puntures can happen, I would rather have bit of warning before a completely flat tyre at 80MPH!

0 0 0

8. Re: Tyre pressure monitoring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Airgun,
    your description is what I expected for the £45? option so I am happy with what I have got.
    Roger

0 0 0

9. Re: Tyre pressure monitoring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think this feature is especially of benefit in countries where winter and summer tyres are used. Twice a year we change tyres and when this is done the idea is to reset the tyre pressure gauge to suit the new tyres. Perhaps in the UK where I don't remember there being winter or summer tyres, rather just tyres, this feature has less going for it.

0 0 0

10. Re: Tyre pressure monitoring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if the TPMS can be added from "flicking the right switch" in VAGCOM?
    Lava Grey A4 Avant S-Line Quattro. 3.0TDi Black Edition

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast