1. MMI update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I hope this hasn't directly been answered before, been away from here for a while. I collected my A4 back in April time, and generally happy with it. Apart from some serious groaning issues from the steering, no issues.

My brother has just collected his A4 SE, and I note that the SD card player seems to have changed. Mine says SD when playing, his says Media card. Most annoyingly though, I have to select shuffle after starting the car every time, he doesn't it remains on shuffle/mix.

Is something that has been updated in the software. I am taking mine back soon to get the steering issue looked at, and was going to ask about software updates.

So is there likely to have been any changes that need updating, or am I stuck with an annoying feature.

Cheers

0 0 0

2. Re: MMI update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    After reading through many posts - Do I have AMI or MMI. Generation 3 or higher, who knows.

I don't have Ipod prep, I know that, didn't want it. I have single CD, and no Nav. I have a phone cradle under the armrest but no aux input, that I can see.

So, can I get the mp3 player updated or not, that is the question. The car is with the dealer on Tuesday, 1 week from today.

I know my brother hasn't updated the sound system, so standard SE spec as well, so hopefully its an update somewhere.

Can you update from the SD card??

Anyone??

0 0 0

3. Re: MMI update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    There is a workshop action for the B&O sound system .You cant update from the SD card and gen 3 radio can only be updated from the dealer vas online connection but not for your concern as this is normal .There are different specs of radio and depending on production date different functions and terminology used

0 0 0

4. Re: MMI update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry all but this is confusing the hell out of me! I have the 2.0TDI SE 143 saloon model (may 08), fleet car with no extras (10 speaker single CD, no sat-nav); and I can't get my head around the whole MMi thing.

A8 Tech, I tried finding the engineer's menu, but holding set-up and return doesn't seem to do anything. Can you give me a brief run down on the different systems please?

What I suspect is that the entry level I have doesn't have the bulk of the features often described in this forum; and in another thread it is talked about updating the MMI either through the CD or the SD.

0 0 0

5. Re: MMI update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks a8tech. So it looks like no getting the shuffle feature saved as "on" then for the sd card.

It bugs the hell out of me, its a simple thing to program. To cap it all, exactly the same car, but built a few months later does have the feature, but appears to have the same hardware.

Oh well, I'll see what the garage say next week.

0 0 0

6. Re: MMI update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, same for me -- have a Audi concert radio in my B8 (built late 2007) and pressing setup and return together doesn't do anything. Any ideas anyone?

0 0 0