1. V6 battery change. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to bring up the battery change thing again but I cant find anything on search about it on a A4 B7.
    After the car sits for a week it seems to strugle to start, when it is warm it starts very quickly, sounds like the battery to me, are there any things to watch out for? In the hand book it seems to avoid telling you much accept that some things will need resetting!
    2005 A4 B7 avant V6 2.5 TDI. Thanks in advance Pete.

0 0 0

2. Re: V6 battery change. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    The V6 TDIs seem to need a huge amount of current to crank (turn-over).

Now that jack-frost is out to play every night, I've been experiencing the same as you in my B7. My previous B6 2.5 TDI also needed a new battery.

You can buy an equivalent amperage battery from Halfords.. but it's slightly too long (by about 2cm) to fit in the scuttle tray! I know because I bought one; I spent ages trying to get it to fit before realising it was slightly larger! In the end I stumped-up £130 for the correct one from Audi.

So, unless anybody else can suggest an alternative that will *definitely* fit (and is the same amperage).. don't waste your time.. get the battery straight from Audi.

You'll need to get a set of long-stem Allen keys (with the rounded ends) otherwise you won't be able to reach the battery retaining bolt!

I've been quite lucky with my "Approved-Used" B7: It still has part of the original warranty left. The battery is counted as a consumable under the approved-used warranty, but it's guaranteed for 3 years under the original warranty.. so I just got mine replaced for free

Hope that helps
    Al.
    [ My Cars: 2011 Caravelle SE TDI (140) LWB | 2015 L200 Barbarian 2.4 DI-D | 2015 Mini Cooper SD ]
    [ Past Audis:
    A6 S-Line 3.0
    V6 TDI Qttr | A4 3.0 TDI Qttr S-Line | S6 4.2 Qttr | A4 2.5 V6 TDI Qttr Sport | A4 1.9 TDI Qttr S-Line | A4 SE 2.0 TFSI Quattro Avant | 2.0 TFSI Roadster ]
    [ Past VWs: Mk1 GTI Cab | Mk3 2.0 Cab |
    Mk3 VR6 | Mk4 R32 | Mk4 V6 MoFo | Mk4 Golf 1.9 TDI| Mk4 Supercharged 2.0 6-speed | VW Touran 2.0 TDI DSG ]

0 0 0

3. Re: V6 battery change. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Going to pick up my new battery tomorrow, does any body know what I will have to re set, I think it is just the windows? Any help welcomed. Thanks Pete.

0 0 0

4. Re: V6 battery change. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vma99r View Post
    Going to pick up my new battery tomorrow, does any body know what I will have to re set, I think it is just the windows? Any help welcomed. Thanks Pete.
    Hi,

If the radio is the same unit that came with the car - it should automatically get the anti-theft code from somewhere magical on the CAN bus! Apart from that, I think the car will forget all your trip settings and how bright you've set the instrument cluster lights.

Why would you need to re-set the windows? If you've previously asked Audi to change the "comfort" settings (i.e. door locking options etc) then they should be remembered, even if the battery is disconnected.

Al.
    [ My Cars: 2011 Caravelle SE TDI (140) LWB | 2015 L200 Barbarian 2.4 DI-D | 2015 Mini Cooper SD ]
    [ Past Audis:
    A6 S-Line 3.0
    V6 TDI Qttr | A4 3.0 TDI Qttr S-Line | S6 4.2 Qttr | A4 2.5 V6 TDI Qttr Sport | A4 1.9 TDI Qttr S-Line | A4 SE 2.0 TFSI Quattro Avant | 2.0 TFSI Roadster ]
    [ Past VWs: Mk1 GTI Cab | Mk3 2.0 Cab |
    Mk3 VR6 | Mk4 R32 | Mk4 V6 MoFo | Mk4 Golf 1.9 TDI| Mk4 Supercharged 2.0 6-speed | VW Touran 2.0 TDI DSG ]

0 0 0

5. Re: V6 battery change. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Al,
    That makes sense, as far as the windows are concerned it was just the one click thing.
    I took your advice and have gone for the genuine Audi battery, I dont want to mess about with badly fitting bits, I have had enough of that over the years.
    Cheers Pete.

0 0 0

6. Re: V6 battery change. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The One Click windows do need to recalibrate but it's literally just an up and down with your finger on the switch.

0 0 0

7. Re: V6 battery change. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    What size in mm do they have to be? I'm going to Costco soon and will price them up...
    2007 Audi A4 2.0 TDI 140PS | S-Line | BOSE | Volterra Leather

Retrofitted | RNS-E | SDS | Bluetooth | Cruise Control | Parking Sensors | Arm Rest | DIS

0 0 0

8. Re: V6 battery change. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If he's happy to buy a genuine battery he may aswell, can't go wrong with oe.

0 0 0

9. Re: V6 battery change. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    True... But you might be able to save some wedge!
    2007 Audi A4 2.0 TDI 140PS | S-Line | BOSE | Volterra Leather

Retrofitted | RNS-E | SDS | Bluetooth | Cruise Control | Parking Sensors | Arm Rest | DIS

0 0 0

10. Re: V6 battery change. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flakmunky View Post
    True... But you might be able to save some wedge!
    You've got a new Audi, stop being so damn tight with it!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast