Notices

User Tag List

Thread: A6 3.0 tdi serwice

1. A6 3.0 tdi serwice 
    mgluba Guest
    Hi ,
    I'm collecting my A6 3.0 tdi 2004 on Friday. It has 66k, service history only till 38k. The owner is going to do the full service - what should be done?
    0 0 0

2. Re: A6 3.0 tdi serwice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgluba View Post
    Hi ,
    I'm collecting my A6 3.0 tdi 2004 on Friday. It has 66k, service history only till 38k. The owner is going to do the full service - what should be done?
    split the cost between you and book it in to dealer or independant.
    that way you will have peace of mind that everything that should be done,will be done.
    cam belt springs to mind,
    stewy
    first time i was up a ladder i was down a well
    4th cog,--two to go
    0 0 0

3. Re: A6 3.0 tdi serwice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I've answered this somewhere else.

It will need oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter, fuel filter and if there's no history of a timing belt change, then it will need that doing too.

Seen as there is a gap in the service history, I would get the timing belt done immediately. It is costly at Audi, but nowhere near as costly as a new engine!

Don't expect the current owner to do the timing belt change, that's probably one of the reasons they're selling it at this time.

Paul
    2016 VW Transporter T6 2.0 TDI Highline SWB
    2011 Jaguar XFR 100 5.0 V8 Supercharged
    0 0 0

4. Re: A6 3.0 tdi serwice 
    mgluba Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paul b View Post
    I've answered this somewhere else.

It will need oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter, fuel filter and if there's no history of a timing belt change, then it will need that doing too.

Seen as there is a gap in the service history, I would get the timing belt done immediately. It is costly at Audi, but nowhere near as costly as a new engine!

Don't expect the current owner to do the timing belt change, that's probably one of the reasons they're selling it at this time.

Paul
    I think it has got a chain ?
    0 0 0

5. Re: A6 3.0 tdi serwice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgluba View Post
    I think it has got a chain ?
    Indeed, I think you're right.

That saves you a few pennies then!

Paul
    2016 VW Transporter T6 2.0 TDI Highline SWB
    2011 Jaguar XFR 100 5.0 V8 Supercharged
    0 0 0

6. Re: A6 3.0 tdi serwice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Dangerous comment. Engine Code is essential here so lets have it. It is on the ID label in the service book or the spare wheel bay. I'm not even convince the car is a 3L TDI and may be a 2.5 Tdi belt driven. Regards Peter
    0 0 0

7. Re: A6 3.0 tdi serwice 
    mgluba Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter D View Post
    Dangerous comment. Engine Code is essential here so lets have it. It is on the ID label in the service book or the spare wheel bay. I'm not even convince the car is a 3L TDI and may be a 2.5 Tdi belt driven. Regards Peter
    Its 3L BMK V6 so should hava a chain.
    0 0 0

8. Re: A6 3.0 tdi serwice 
    mgluba Guest
    How about gearbox oil ? Audi says that is for life but some says I should change every 20K
    0 0 0

9. Re: A6 3.0 tdi serwice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The BMK was 2005 and it has both chains and a toothed high pressure pump drive belt which will need changing as this controls the injection timing. Regards Peter
    0 0 0