Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

I'm looking at ordering a 143 TDi SE, but have a few questions:

Does the car come with rear parking sensors as standard? I can only see the option for front and rear sensors in the options list. I'm not too bothered about front sensors.

I was going to add cruise control, but does this include a speed limiter like merc's have?

I was going to add the interior light package for ambient lighting, but I think reading from a previous post that this is standard. I have a BMW coupe which has this and it makes a difference to overall comfort.

I can't find the 30-70 MPH times in any of the publications. What is the car like in real worl driving situations? In the brief test drive I had, it felt fine once the turbo kicked in, but below 1.5k the car was fairly sluggish. I might consider the 160 1.8T as I'm still not convincied by the petrol/Diesel savings at the moment. Does the Diesel have that much more mid-range grunt over the petrol engine?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

But it will be a A4 all the way in which ever form.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2.0 TDI 143 SE questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rear sensors are not standard. I am sure you could get these as a dealer fit option.
    Glacier White B8 Black Edition 2.0T Fsi quattro stronic - Advanced Key, Nappa Leather, Electric Folding Mirrors, Interior Light pack

0 0 0

3. Re: 2.0 TDI 143 SE questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Solan,
    the interior light pack is not standard, I have it on my SE and I think its well worth the extra to have the various additional lighting.
    Cruise control is excellent but no speed limiter just the warning facility if you want it inthe DIS.
    As to power I am still taking mine steady with only 960 miles but I think that it is going to be very good indeed. My wife has the 2 litre FSI A3 and I am not sure that there is much difference.
    I went for the 'parking plus' front and back but not sure about the front as when reversing a little too much confusion even though you can change the sound for them individually but for me that just makes it worse trying to remember which each one sounds like!!
    Overall though great cars so go for it and enjoy!

0 0 0

4. Re: 2.0 TDI 143 SE questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks RD1,

I'm replacing a bmw coupe, the test drive of a 2.0 tdi was comparable to the beemer and had better mid range grunt. The ride was better on the standard suspension compared to the sports suspension on the beemer. Plus the interior is much better then the current offerings from BMW and Merc.

0 0 0