1. CVT complaint case - I won!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As many of you know I was had a faulty TCM in my A4 2004 1.8T. The car was purchased used from a private seller but had been serviced by the dealer until 2007 (this was a key point in the complaint). Car has covered 40,000miles and when I checked with VAGCOM two faults from gearbox came up. Those faults were the speed sensor part of TCM and faulty valve pump #2.

I will cut my long story short as my complaint was over a month period with various emails and phone calls to both dealer and Audi AG. Emails were copied to both dealer and Audi AG for their reference.

Step 1
    I complained to my local dealer and after several phone calls with customer service staff confirmed a free diagnostic check to confirm the faults from my vagcom. Dealer commented this must be done before a complaint can be filed with Audi AG. Dealer quoted me for a new TCM and valve body which I commented was ridiculous for such a new car. Service staff at dealer was not very helpful in my complaint saying Audi AG will refuse my claim.

Step 2
    Contacted Audi AG with my complain inquiring how a low mileage car that was well maintained would have a faulty gearbox ecu. Numerous other emails were sent to Audi AG and followed up calls with my dealer to confirm status of complaint. All replies stated my complaint case was in process but required more time before a conclusion was made.

Audi AG states they consider three important factors when considering goodwill.
    1) Age of car
    2) Mileage of car
    3) Service records of car

Step 3
    Called Audi AG several times both in German and English and asked for an update and why my case was taking so long. Car was not driven incase any adverse effects or further problems developed. Read Audi AG annual report and paying attention to R&D costs and such related to technology and used this against Audi AG. How such a company can spend millions and come up with a gearbox that fails prematurely. Wrote letter to CEO of Audi AG (may or may not read but that’s the chance I have to take) namely all parties involved and how slow the response was for after sales service. This was DHL to Audi AG with a copy to their international service centre.

Step 4
    Called my dealer and asked for a status and to my surprise they informed me Audi AG have approved the gearbox TCM as goodwill! I was delighted to hear this and asked how much goodwill was offered. I was expecting them to say possibly 50% up to 70% but very happy to hear that 100% goodwill was approved. This in my opinion confirms Audi AG is fully aware the part has problems which they are not willing to recall or admit to. I was told that I must bear the costs of installation plus gearbox oil and gaskets which I agreed to. This was not part of the goodwill so I did not want to drag the complaint on forever as car already 3 weeks off road.

FINALLY......

Car was dropped off at dealers who installed new TCM part and confirm no other faults are shown. I checked with vagcom as soon as I got home and the valve body fault was gone. This means the faulty TCM was giving a bad reading yet my dealer initially quoted me to change both parts at the same time…$$$ I guess this is how ******** make their money by changing parts that are not necessary. Of course if Audi AG is footing the bill they are wiser by analyzing each part to confirm another part is not to blame. I was not able to get my dealer to change the CVT filter inside the gearbox as that would mean I must pay further labor charges. Furthermore, dealer confirms they have NEVER ever ordered the part (I gave them part number as they didn’t have on file) or changed one for any Audi in my country!!!

I have a question regarding the oil change process. I supplied 6ltrs of cvt oil as requested but dealer only used 4ltrs. Dealer explanation was some gearboxes require more or less depending how much oil was consumed. Does this mean it is normal for a CVT gearbox to consume oil? What is the minimum amount of oil is required for the gearbox to run without damage? I will change the cvt oil every 20,000miles or 1 year regardless of mileage. I just cannot risk damage to the TCM as I doubt Audi AG will give goodwill again to me for the same part. My dealer also confirms that the TCM is warranted for SIX months in which I will test the car throughly to ensure part is working correctly.

Anyone in a complaint case dont give up and push Audi AG more. If the serial number on the TCM is consecutive Audi AG have used over 730,000 of them since 2004 to date. Of course some are for production but I believe a high percentage will be for repairs!

What does the RdW mean in the vagcom from the address 02? Is it newer software for the TCM unit?

New TCM:
    Component: V30 01J 1.8l5VT RdW 3220

Old TCM:
    Component: V30 01J 1.8l5VT RdW 3120

Cheers

Jim

0 0 0

2. Re: CVT complaint case - I won!!! 
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a4_jim View Post
    As many of you know I was had a faulty TCM in my A4 2004 1.8T. The car was purchased used from a private seller but had been serviced by the dealer until 2007 (this was a key point in the complaint). Car has covered 40,000miles and when I checked with VAGCOM two faults from gearbox came up. Those faults were the speed sensor part of TCM and faulty valve pump #2.

I will cut my long story short as my complaint was over a month period with various emails and phone calls to both dealer and Audi AG. Emails were copied to both dealer and Audi AG for their reference.

Step 1
    I complained to my local dealer and after several phone calls with customer service staff confirmed a free diagnostic check to confirm the faults from my vagcom. Dealer commented this must be done before a complaint can be filed with Audi AG. Dealer quoted me for a new TCM and valve body which I commented was ridiculous for such a new car. Service staff at dealer was not very helpful in my complaint saying Audi AG will refuse my claim.

Step 2
    Contacted Audi AG with my complain inquiring how a low mileage car that was well maintained would have a faulty gearbox ecu. Numerous other emails were sent to Audi AG and followed up calls with my dealer to confirm status of complaint. All replies stated my complaint case was in process but required more time before a conclusion was made.

Audi AG states they consider three important factors when considering goodwill.
    1) Age of car
    2) Mileage of car
    3) Service records of car

Step 3
    Called Audi AG several times both in German and English and asked for an update and why my case was taking so long. Car was not driven incase any adverse effects or further problems developed. Read Audi AG annual report and paying attention to R&D costs and such related to technology and used this against Audi AG. How such a company can spend millions and come up with a gearbox that fails prematurely. Wrote letter to CEO of Audi AG (may or may not read but that’s the chance I have to take) namely all parties involved and how slow the response was for after sales service. This was DHL to Audi AG with a copy to their international service centre.

Step 4
    Called my dealer and asked for a status and to my surprise they informed me Audi AG have approved the gearbox TCM as goodwill! I was delighted to hear this and asked how much goodwill was offered. I was expecting them to say possibly 50% up to 70% but very happy to hear that 100% goodwill was approved. This in my opinion confirms Audi AG is fully aware the part has problems which they are not willing to recall or admit to. I was told that I must bear the costs of installation plus gearbox oil and gaskets which I agreed to. This was not part of the goodwill so I did not want to drag the complaint on forever as car already 3 weeks off road.

FINALLY......

Car was dropped off at dealers who installed new TCM part and confirm no other faults are shown. I checked with vagcom as soon as I got home and the valve body fault was gone. This means the faulty TCM was giving a bad reading yet my dealer initially quoted me to change both parts at the same time…$$$ I guess this is how ******** make their money by changing parts that are not necessary. Of course if Audi AG is footing the bill they are wiser by analyzing each part to confirm another part is not to blame. I was not able to get my dealer to change the CVT filter inside the gearbox as that would mean I must pay further labor charges. Furthermore, dealer confirms they have NEVER ever ordered the part (I gave them part number as they didn’t have on file) or changed one for any Audi in my country!!!

I have a question regarding the oil change process. I supplied 6ltrs of cvt oil as requested but dealer only used 4ltrs. Dealer explanation was some gearboxes require more or less depending how much oil was consumed. Does this mean it is normal for a CVT gearbox to consume oil? What is the minimum amount of oil is required for the gearbox to run without damage? I will change the cvt oil every 20,000miles or 1 year regardless of mileage. I just cannot risk damage to the TCM as I doubt Audi AG will give goodwill again to me for the same part. My dealer also confirms that the TCM is warranted for SIX months in which I will test the car throughly to ensure part is working correctly.

Anyone in a complaint case dont give up and push Audi AG more. If the serial number on the TCM is consecutive Audi AG have used over 730,000 of them since 2004 to date. Of course some are for production but I believe a high percentage will be for repairs!

What does the RdW mean in the vagcom from the address 02? Is it newer software for the TCM unit?

New TCM:
    Component: V30 01J 1.8l5VT RdW 3220

Old TCM:
    Component: V30 01J 1.8l5VT RdW 3120

Cheers

Jim
    Cracking news Jim - see - persistence paid off :-)

0 0 0

3. Re: CVT complaint case - I won!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Dan

Yes...took a bit of time but in the end all came out good.

Do you know what the Rdw represents on the gearbox? software version?

Thanks

J

0 0 0