1. slave cylinder suspected 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, Just put my bora through it first service since my ownership. With 122,000miles on nothing major has appeared just rear pads and a cv boot which i knew needed replacing.

Although I say nothing major I have noticed that the car can be difficult to engage gear when cold and the clutch pedal is pretty heavy in comparison with others cars i've had. the garage suspect it's a failing slave cylinder and although not desperate will need to be done at some point.

Now I've been trialling through the haynes manuals from my library and my engine and gearbox aren't included in manual for my year of car. It's a 2000 x bora 115 pd engine code ajm 6 speed (DRW) gear box.

I've got an octavia manual with reference to an 02m 6 speed gear box. my question is where is the slave cylinder on the DRW box and how difficult a job is it to replace.

The 02m has the cylinder in the bell housing as part of the thrust bearing not a job I'd like to attempt my self.

Any info or help would be appreaciated

0 0 0

2. Exclamation Re: slave cylinder suspected 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Please anyone can you tell me what the gearbox code is on a 6speed 115 pd tdi bora?

I just need this so that I can find the right manual

0 0 0

3. Re: slave cylinder suspected 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    "no body knows it but she's got a secret smile and she use it only for me" I feel a song coming on.

nobody knows it or can confirm what the gear box code is?

please help i'm tight and don't want to pay for the 5hrs labour that i've been quoted

0 0 0

4. Re: slave cylinder suspected 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey con1981, I don't have the answer your looking for but I do have some other good info about your gear issue. Regardless of engine or tranny, I had that problem in my 96 golf 2.0l. It had a hard time going into first when cold, and when I gave her some hard driving going into second or third would get a little crunchy. I had at the time about 96,000 miles or so, and never had the tranny fluid checked or changed. So I went ahead and went with an aftermarket fluid like Amsoil (american car mind you, but you can get it shipped here) or royal purple. I don't care what people say, but there is a huge difference in fluids with their composition and grades etc.....
    I had the fluid in my manual changed with the higher grade Amsoil, and within 500 miles or so, the problem pretty much disappeared. It's not guaranteed that it will fix yours, but yours was doing the same exact thing mine was. Just thought that would help, good luck..............................
    "I love Dubs ----and hate Rice driven by scrubs!!"

0 0 0

5. Re: slave cylinder suspected 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers mate. I think i will give it a go. When the car was serviced they said it had plenty of gearbox oil. I have heard this before but to be honest would have thought gearbox oil was gearbox. If it saves me a repair bill it's worth a try.

0 0 0