Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grayh View Post
    A pic of Jetta just about to start it's journey home from Holland! The spoiler was the first thing to be removed!!
    Can I just add that I refused to drive it back from Aylesbury until that spoiler was removed, when we picked up the A3!!

0 0 0

2. Re: Jetta Mk2 2 door LHD to RHD conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lunch Crash View Post
    Can I just add that I refused to drive it back from Aylesbury until that spoiler was removed, when we picked up the A3!!
    Yes but you did lay claim to the spoiler......you said something like 'you've got to have that stylish euro add on' !!!!

0 0 0

3. Re: Jetta Mk2 2 door LHD to RHD conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, quick update on the jetta, it's now taxed, MOT'd and registered, relatively easy to do, applied for paperwork online and when it arrived filled in as much as possible, got it MOT'd and went off to my local DVLA office (Worcester in this case) handed forms in, after a few minor adjustments, £156 hey presto I was issued a reg number and tax disc (still waiting for log book though!).

Going to strip down to a rolling shell, remove glass and send for paint first. I'm sticking with original colour (royal blue).

16v gearbox is off being rebuilt, competition clutch will be next on shopping list and the ever elusive KO3S turbo, been chasing a couple on here but as yet they've escaped me, was supposed to be picking one up today but the bloke sold it from under my nose even though I offered him paypal deposit and arranged to collect today, gutted is not the word!!

0 0 0

4. Re: Jetta Mk2 2 door LHD to RHD conversion 
    Great Dunmow (near Stansted Airport), Essex
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I'm going to ensure I regularly check this thread. This sounds like it could be a great project and I cant wait to see the finished product!

1990 Black MKII Golf 1.8 GL. Otherwise known as 'Gumpert' Rampant "Rabbit"

2011 Rosso Brunello Skoda Superb Estate Elegance 1.6 CR Greenline. Otherwise known as 'Sue'
    1988 Tornado Red MKII Golf 1.8 16valve GTI. Otherwise known as 'Hollie' - Project

0 0 0

5. Re: Jetta Mk2 2 door LHD to RHD conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I've finally got a ko3s off e-bay, the first one i've ever seen on there and it was mine for £220 so I'm well hapy about that. Just ordered Black Diamond clutch for £158, gearbox should be ready this week. i've also ordered cam belt, tensioner and water pump for my AJQ engine so that when it goes in i've got nothing to worry about. I'm also going to remove sump and clean strainer as i'm told they clog up. I've just got to find the time to start assembly now!

0 0 0

6. Re: Jetta Mk2 2 door LHD to RHD conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Started to remove drivetrain today as I had a few hours spare but before I got finished, the cold got the better of me, took a few pics, sorry about the quality but you can get the general idea.

I've included a pic of old ko3 turbo next to shiny replacement ko3s, also is the poor old donor A3 quattro that is now rusting in pieces in the great scrapyard in the sky.

I've had a slight change of plan, I was originally going to use loom and ecu from a3 but now opting for Qpeng stand alone management mainly for laziness! It means the respray will take a back seat for a while but such is life, at least it should start when I turn the key for the first time!!

Anyway I'll keep posting progress, it will be slow until the lighter nights start coming as evenings are the only time I have to work on it as my 2 kids have first dibbs on my weekends!
    Attached Images

0 0 0

7. Re: Jetta Mk2 2 door LHD to RHD conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not been on here for ages, here's a pic of how she looks now running circa 270bhp with hybrid K03S turbo and p-torque

Happy with how it looks so far, just needs to go a little lower.

0 0 0

8. Re: Jetta Mk2 2 door LHD to RHD conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    Very nice, have you looked at the Chinese Jetta to get any new ideas? They should have made a two door Bora like VW's late 90's Projekt CJ, a huge missed opportunity to build a Golf Coupe.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12